multi-tap or predictive texting...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew02

Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Are you guys more on sending sms or text messages as we know it? I think the minimum text messages I send per day is 15 and most of it are long mesages not just a short one, I am using the T9 feature where it predicts the words, it is much faster than multi-tapping.

What about you, do you prefer multi-tapping or T9?

I never could understand the lure of text messaging. There was a TV show on it not long ago and the largest demographic were highschool students who would use it to silently communicate with each other in school where talking on cell phones would be loud enough to get caught and punished.
I'm a bit older than that and often my e-mail is much more than idle chit-chat as most likely being discussed by HS'ers. I use push e-mail and POP3 and so does my wife.

Another issue is cost- The text messaging is a real value added revenue source for the cell phone companies. I would think that it would soon be replaced with IM or e-mail that is free once you have a cell phone with internet connection. But, the main topic here is how to tap out the messages. While I have little experience using the multitap process vs. the predictive wording, I also have this auto complete option even for full e-mail on my PDA and I prefer it as it does save time. Using my full qwerty Kpad whether the buttons or the point and tap popup screen, I still like auto complete. While I don't use SMS or text messaging on a conventiona;l cell phone, I would vote for the auto complete tool if I did use it. For e-mail it's still great!

Qwerty! and I hate Text messaging. My fiance uses the crap out of it though on her RAZR though (T9 I'm pretty sure).

Attachments

• 8125Basic.JPG
    8125Basic.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 187
Maybe I will check out that tutorial...I send 30-40 a day all multi-tap. T9 never gets the correct word when I try it- plus I have gotten SO fast at MT. My brother is a manager for Verizon and he swears by T9...we'll see.

PowerCommunications said:
Maybe I will check out that tutorial...I send 30-40 a day all multi-tap. T9 never gets the correct word when I try it- plus I have gotten SO fast at MT. My brother is a manager for Verizon and he swears by T9...we'll see.

whew! 30-40 texts and all multi-tap?? that is so tedious. At first I had a hard time in using T9 but then after the tutorial I already know how it works and I can text much faster now than before.

Pfft, I do EASILY 30 - 40 a day all in std qwerty mode. I've gotten really fast in that, rarely do I miss key . . . I suppose I should look into the multitap and T9 features, my phone has it, I've just never checked it out. you shoudl see how strong my fingers are though . . . OK maybe not allof you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts