Multi TV's on one receiver

mhilsdon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I am considering switching from cable to Dish, can anyone tell me if it's possible to hook up 3 TV's (all SD) to one receiver? I have 3 TV's around the house and another 3 in (the ones I'm asking about) in the basement. I'm wondering if I did this would it still qualify for a free install?

With a 722 receiver, you can do HDMI to TV1, Component to TV2, and then use an amp or splitter to send the RF output to any remaining TV's. Keep in mind that you still only have 2 tuners, so you can distribute the RF output to any number of TV's, but you can still only watch 2 different shows at the same time.

The way my house is wired-
I have an OTA antenna going to the main system and from there to the rest of the house.
I have a dual tuner DVR.
I modulate the two outputs of the DVR on two unused channels....
This allows the other TVs in the house to watch any OTA program or either DVR output. Since TV2 tuner uses RF remote control, it can be changed from any room in the house.

I was in a similar situation. I have one TV on the main floor and two in the basement. I live alone and am cheap so I went with one 211k receiver. The TV on the main floor is hooked up to the HDMI output and then I have coax with a 2 way splitter running to the two TV's in the basement. Works great. Dish makes a UHF remote/IR dongle combo that I am going to use for the basement TV's.

A lot of people jump right into the 722k but depending on your needs there may be cheaper solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)