Multiple Hoppers and timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And remember the 96 timers per DVR may not be your limit.
The 576 events per DVR is more subtle but with the number of reruns, it may hit first.
So use exact match where you can and specific channel and HD only, etc.
-Ken

I found it quite irritating that the Hopper still has the 96/576 limits. One of the many reasons I got four Hoppers.

Agreed.... already hit the limit once and had to go through and cancel some series. Really should be significantly increased.

I found one timer with many repeats so many that by going to new only it gave back ~50 events.
It's not clear whether going to new only will always give that many events as it shows a lot of lined-out repeats.
So do those line-outs count as events? Does someone have a best way to "save" on events?

Also sometimes I'm not permitted to change the timer to new-only. Why? I hate to rebuild the timer and reset priority.
-Ken

YES, events includes both thes ones that will record and ones that are SKIPPED

. . . And that is the rub: all events, skipped are not count towards the limit or memory. Considering the Hopper is supposed to be a WHOLE HOME DVR, the current limits are a sad joke. While this may not be a problem for some households, it most certainly is for quite a few, and some customers just have NO CLUE. I've had people tell me "the DVR just won't record what I want it to." Considering the power of the chips to trans-code, etc., and the largest HDD capacity, one would have thought the Hopper would have set the standard for timer recordings memory as well. This is really one of those things that customers find irritation about Dish, and start thinking about other carriers. They don't know anything about the timer or events limits; they just experience frustrations, exasperation or befuddled dissatisfaction with Dish. Now, don't get me started on the "they never told me I have a need for TWO Hoppers/DVR. I would have paid for it at the beginning for the upgrade rather than the high price now." And since they've suffered with inadequate numbers of tuners, they are counting the days for the contract to end and LEAVE DISH. Charlie should have sleep overs with Jeff Bezos and learn how to create enthusiastic customers who always seem to have their needs met. But it requires spending some money or taking a hit now and then from Wall Street, but Dish probably would have had better subscriber numbers had they done it. I guess I did get started on the lack of advice for a 2nd DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts