Multiple inline diseqc switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I believe i've seen drawings where multiple inline diseqc switches are used.

Do i need a special kind of Diseqc switch, and how do i set it up on the STB.

I have one diseqc switch. On port 4 of the switch it runs to the KU dish. I want to then have an outdoor switch on that port 4 that then lets me switch of between 3 different LNBF's.

Thank you.

If I understand it right- You'll need a diseqc 1.1 switch connected to the receiver, then a diseqc 1.0 switch between that switch and the LNBF's. I was using a 1.0 switch then 22khz switches but have since changed to this (It's a 1.1 switch) with 8 ports so need for any more switches. (Less loss)

You can cascade switches that do not use the same protocol. Your 4 port switch is a DiSEqC 1.0 (2.0). You can put a 1x8 port DiSEqC 1.1 (2.1) outside for the LNB switching behind it. In your receiver menu you assign the ports for each kind of switch to each satellite position. So for your first LNB you designate port four on the 1x4 switch and port one on the 1x8. If you have a motor you can also add the DiSEqC 1.2 command to move the motor.

If I understand it right- You'll need a diseqc 1.1 switch connected to the receiver, then a diseqc 1.0 switch between that switch and the LNBF's. I was using a 1.0 switch then 22khz switches but have since changed to this (It's a 1.1 switch) with 8 ports so need for any more switches. (Less loss)

Okay, then how do i configure it within the STB. For example, lets lay i want port 4 of the 1.1 switch, and then port 2 of the diseqc 1.0 switch off port 4 of the first switch.

Ps, the current switch i have is a diseqc 2.0 switch. I i use two of those? or can one be this one and the other a diseqc 1.0 switch?

Can't combine two of the same kind of switch. They would both respond to each command. 1.0 and 2.0 is the same protocol. The new 2.* switches answer back to the receiver but no receivers use that function. In the STB menu you select the ports for each type of switch you have.

You can cascade switches that do not use the same protocol. Your 4 port switch is a DiSEqC 1.0 (2.0). You can put a 1x8 port DiSEqC 1.1 (2.1) outside for the LNB switching behind it. In your receiver menu you assign the ports for each kind of switch to each satellite position. So for your first LNB you designate port four on the 1x4 switch and port one on the 1x8. If you have a motor you can also add the DiSEqC 1.2 command to move the motor.

Yes, this dish is a motorized KU Dish. I am going to have the Quad LNBF on it and then a Circular 10750 LNBF. Ill put the switch after the motor between the motor and the LNBF's.

Okay, then how do i configure it within the STB. For example, lets lay i want port 4 of the 1.1 switch, and then port 2 of the diseqc 1.0 switch off port 4 of the first switch.

For 8x1 port 4 going to 4x1 (or 2x1) port 2 in Amikos go to the satellite setup screen for the bird you want. Then set diseqc 1.0 line to port 2, diseqc 1.1 line to port 4. It is super easy.

Can a 1.0 stb control a 2.0 switch and a 1.1 stb control 2.1 switch? Because i don't see 2.0 and 2.1 on my STB.

here is a diagram of my setup

SatDiagram.jpg

You won't see 2.0 and 2.1 because the receivers don't use that answer back technology but the switches work the same as 1.0 and 1.1 switches

Most of the time when I run a diseq switch; it is because I have too many dishes for the other switches. In other words; EVERY / ANY / one receiver that hooks up to any system of switches ALWAYS hooks up only to a diseq sw (and does not move/disconnect. get un-plugged while receiver is plugged into electricity). This keeps ALL THE LNBf's / switches / wiring from overloading MY ONE RECEIVER at a time theory. A system of diseq chaining is called a progression, or loop typed system. Each diseq port will only power up (18/14) what it plugs into AND SELECTS ALSO; KEEPING THE CHAIN THEORY WORKS GREAT. THIS IS ALSO how many the diseq or each diseq PROTO-NUMBERING SELECTABLE COUNT CONTROL SIGNAL SWITCH will count to (i think it is 100 ports/lnbf/satellite dishes/positions! If you plug a 22 khz. switch (or a multiswitch from a dual) into the chain; it will supply the power to both ports and work fine; but does keep the (18/14) dc on both ports; drawing up to another .5 amp; some modulator you ares. This, in theory (adding some other sw) should supply (if hooked to a 22 khz. that is plugged into the power port of a dual lnbf multiswitch into both ports; (blow my receiver up) ------------------------->but only up to 2 amp gets full draw because it is only powering up 2 dual lnbfs (it can)........................................

The chaining of the diseq awitches is part of the counting protocol; as it uses each "chain"; it drops into a double ducket numbering majic switch protocol; still only powering the number it "finally" selects; receiving the signals only from the lnbf or sw/lnbf/h/v/l/r selecto how many can a man or woman have? it count MADE........

Last edited:
Okay, so to just make sure I'm on the same page, i have a 2.0 switch. I want to buy either a 1.1 or a 2.1 switch. One with the least insertion loss. Any suggestions?

Thank you all very much!

View attachment 103423 Diagram of a setup like you are after. I was using a QPH-031 and a couple of motorized ku dishes at one time
View attachment 103422

The uncommitted switch is the first diseq # it selects; making only 1-4 available in your diagram; or can either be any amount of numbering?

if 16 ports x 16 more ports; = a-lott-ery ports = max number of
-----
Can it do/give it a final chain number of 256? or 255?

You could stack 16 1x4 DiSEqC 1.0 switches on a 1x16 port uncommitted DiSEqC1.1 switch and have 64 LNBs connected. Maximum

You could stack 16 1x4 DiSEqC 1.0 switches on a 1x16 port uncommitted DiSEqC1.1 switch and have 64 LNBs connected. Maximum

That is insane; wow! My duck pond design is being dug right now; as we speak (I am burying a 10 foot dish; keeping the lip flat and above ground'; my array of offset lnbf's is going to look like donald ducks floating keyboard (over my duck pond 9' solid dish, which i drain to watch tv); mostly c band single lnbf's cuz i speak english (i have too many dishes; and have decided to cut it down to one or 2; NO MOTORS). 50 offsets = 50 satellites = 500 free to air channels easy!

64 lnbf's; i only have ku lnbfs on the way (no c band lnbf at distrution) of which I have 10 c banders; now just need "how many can a man or woman have?" will be MY DUCK POND! I will post a picture when it is finally "lookin good"! Great picture, by the way!

I tryed to draw the picture of it using paint; and I broke the lead of my pencil!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)