Multireceiver installation Help (legacy)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gmystikal

Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Long time lurker...

I've had a legacy Dish 500 pointed towards 61.5 (for international programming) for several years now (hooked up to a 3900 receiver). From what I can tell, there is a dual LNBF (there is a spot for another LNBF) with a single wire coming into the house going into the receiver.

Today, I had Dish come out and install a second Dish 500 pointed towards 110 and 119 to get American programing. The installer took the one wire coming out of the new dish 500 and put it into what looks like an SW21. He took the wire coming out of the old 61.5 dish and hooked that up into the switch. And now, the wire going into the house (and thus the receiver) into the switch. Everything works great on the single receiver now.

I'm looking at adding a second receiver into the house. What is the best way to hook this up? Should I get a SW64 or cascade an SW21? What is the wiring in that case? I'd like to avoid running a second wire into the house...if at all possible.

What if I only want 110 and 119 programming on the other receivers? Can I take some shortcuts here? I believe the new Dish has a Twin LNBF on it.

Another aspect of this upgrade is a spare 311 receiver I have and a 322 I just bought. I'm planning on using the 322 to save on the extra outlet fees from Dish. (Although, I don't think it makes a difference, because my LNBF's are legacy and not DishPro+).

Thanks in advance.

Cascade a second sw-21 and running a second wire is your cheapest choice, otherwise your looking at having to get a dual tuner and paying to upgrade the lnbs to a dp dual and a dpp twin, the first is your cheapest way to go and is the lesser of the two evils.

With the 322 you will still have to run two lines unless you upgrade to a dp dual and a dpp twin, you will have one wire from the dish(s) to the receiver but you will still need to run a wired from the receiver to the second tv.

if u don't want to run cable to tv2, u can use wireless video transmitter between the receiver and TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts