Multiswitch help...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jahnal

Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
New Jersey
I just moved to NJ and my house have 3 runs from the directv dish. The first run is to the first floor to an H20 and the other 2 going to the second floor at a wall plate theen they get connected to STD boxes. Can I add a multiswitch at that point to add more TVs instead of running more cables and making more holes in the side of my house:(.

A multiswitch would have to have 4 runs from the Dish, then output to every location. You can't do what you mention.

You can install a multiswitch at the dish and then run an additional line to wherever you want to add a receiver though. It is common to install a M/S outdoors, they're weatherproof, as long as your cable connections are ;)

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

JC would the new Driectv dish be the swn single wire lnb slimline and thank you for your help. last year a tech came to my house and it looked just like it.

Also note that if you go with an SWM installation all receivers will need to be SWM capable.

Good point, I forgot that.

You said you have STD receivers, I think you mean standard?

I don't believe any of the D series basic SD receivers are SWM compatible, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In that case - you'd have to upgrade them all to H series or stay with a traditional multiswitch, in which case you'll have to do another wire.

Yeah everything has to be SWM ready.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)