Multiswitch Help!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

squirrelchaser

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Long time watcher, first time poster. Just bought a home (NY)and I'm looking to do some type of home integration with all my wiring running to a central panel. I currently have the oval 3 LNB dish with one coax line going to each of 4 seperate rooms. I'm looking to run multiple lines to each room(not sure where the Tivo's are going yet)

1. 2 lines to each of the 4 bedrooms= 8 total
2. 2 lines to the family room and living room= 4 total
3. I'd also like to have D* out by the pool area but I think I might do that by some sort wireless connection.

I'll eventually be upgrading to the AT9 dish which from my understanding is only compatible with the Zinwell multiswitch. I've only been able to find a 6*8 switch from Zinwell. Seeing as how I'm going to need at least 12 lines, can I use 2 Zinwells to accomplish this? Also, is the Zinwell compatible with my current 3 LNB dish? Looking to do the wiring work before the AT9 install. TIA

With a proper splitter that covers the frequency range that's on the Zinwell multswitch I would think you could use two 6x8 Zinwell multiswitches. You would need a splitter for each of the four cables coming from the dish to the splitter and then run one each from the splitter to one connection on the Zinwell. Just make sure you plug into the similar connection on each multswitch.

I currently use the Zinwell with my 3LNB dish.

Last edited:
if you are using two tivos and four standard IRDS you will only need 8 total lines anyway. the other lines to the other rooms would be spares.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)