Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

Last year I purchased the HD tivo, a phase III dish and a stackable 5x8 multiswitch. Last week I purchased an H20 for the bedroom. We the installer installed the dish on my roof he was not very knowledgable and he told me that I could not use the multiswitch with the dish because it had it's own switch built in, so he ran a coax from the dish to my tivo so I could use both tuners. I then installed the switch myself and was able to get the normal 110 signal to the rest of the house. Since I just purchased the H20 I was trying to get it to see the other 2 sats for hd in my bedroom but it is not getting a signal from the other 2 satelites. I went and checked my connection on the tivo and it is seeing signals from all 3 sats on both tuners, the tuner going through the mutliswitch and the tuner coming in straight from the satelite. My question is because I only have 3 lines in from the satelite and one from cable into my switch instead of all 4 coming in from the dish, is that keeping me from being able to get a signal from the other 2 sats on any receiver except my tivo.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

VewDew

The title is wrong, it's a Phase III dish.

It's the multiswitch.

The installer was correct, you can't use your multiswith with the new dish. The only switch that will work is the newest 6x8, and you won't be able to diplex your cable with it, or any other way for that matter. Long story short though, the switch IS what is keeping you from seeing all the birds.

Last edited:
WoodMotorsports said:
The installer was correct, you can't use your multiswith with the new dish. The only switch that will work is the newest 6x8, and you won't be able to diplex your cable with it, or any other way for that matter. Long story short though, the switch IS what is keeping you from seeing all the birds.

Can you explain some of this to me? Will the H20 not work with a phaze 3 dish? Also why can you not diplex the cable? Thanks for the info.

Maybe I misunderstood your question. I thought you were trying to get the 99 and 103 signal on your H20 with an AT9 dish. If your just using a regular multisat dish, your switch should be fine. Did you run an "autoconfig" on the H20? I'm assuming your using the switch to diplex your cable into it, right? Oh, and you do need all 4 lines from your LNB feeding the switch.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that there is NO "autoconfig" option in the menu
LOL. Well, you can tell I was the one on the roof with the dishes today when we were pointing the AT9! When I came down, it sure looked like a typical "D series" autoconfig going on. We just got our first shipment of H20's and AT9's today, and hopefully I'll get back to the office to play with them again this week.
Back to the question though, after re-reading it several times, it sounds to me like the problem is that he doesn't have all 4 feeds from the LNB going to the switch.

Thanks for the great feedback! I figured it would be because of only 3 lines into the switch. I was hoping that since one receiver was getting all 3 signals hopefully two could (my daughters room just needs the main one) but it sounds like I will be running cable this weekend.

Again thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)