Music in FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Galaxy 3C KU @ 95W on the radio side. Listening to Jumping Jack Flash right now. It seems to be in-house music for Family Dollar stores. Beach Boys on now.
I love quoting myself.

That being said, I have every CD I could ever want, music off the internet, FM radio etc. BUT it seems to be more fun getting my music FTA! :cool:
FTA to me is like baking your own bread, growing your own food, having a well and running the pump with solar panels, growing your own smoke (tobacco), dragging dead trees off the hill for your wood stove in winter, making your own brew, it's the ultimate Do It Yourself.

I love quoting myself.

That being said, I have every CD I could ever want, music off the internet, FM radio etc. BUT it seems to be more fun getting my music FTA! :cool:
FTA to me is like baking your own bread, growing your own food, having a well and running the pump with solar panels, growing your own smoke (tobacco), dragging dead trees off the hill for your wood stove in winter, making your own brew, it's the ultimate Do It Yourself.

Excellent! DIY Baby, DIY!

I have been trying to wade through all the radio channels (my goodness there are a lot!)

It would make it easier if I could upload my channel list from my CS 5K receiver and view the list with Channel Master, but my Belkin USB-Serial adapter has died on me.

I was having problems with communicating with my Fortec Dynamic receiver and I thought I was doing something wrong, now I have found that the adapter itself was failing. Belkin offers a lifetime guarantee so I will get a new one soon.

Anyway, I am finding some pretty good radio signals so far. It is going to take time to listen to each one long enough to get a grip on what they all are. Wish I had more time.

RADAR

AcWxRadar

Country folk on channel TEST 243 (BlueGrass) on Galaxy 19 97.0W is truly excellent and enjoyable!

If you have a big dish and access to DCII signals, there's a bunch of good audio channels on AMC-18 (105w) and Intelsat-9 (58w).
For DVB audio, check G-17 (91w), all C-band. :music:

And if you have a Twinhan 1020a card, and DBS lnbf, you will have access to virtually all of the DSS audio, none of which is encrypted.

eurosport84

What's the simplest, cheapest and most efficient way to access DCII signals using my existing setup? I have a 39" motorized Ku-band dish, coupled with a DVB receiver, Invacom QPH-031 and a second Ku-band LO LNB. Do I need a separate dish for that, or add a different LNB to the existing setup using a Multi-LNB adjustable bracket - which LNB model is the best for that?

B.J.

What DBS LNB model would you suggest for my setup above? Or, would you suggest to add a separate dish - can I couple it with DCII reception? What's the simplest setup, allowing DVB, DBS and DGII reception in one system?

Last edited:
eurosport84

What's the simplest, cheapest and most efficient way to access DCII signals using my existing setup? I have a 39" motorized Ku-band dish, coupled with a DVB receiver, Invacom QPH-031 and a second Cir LO 10950 LNB. Do I need a separate dish for that, or add a different LNB to the existing setup using a Multi-LNB adjustable bracket - which LNB model is the best for that?

B.J.

What DBS LNB model would you suggest for my setup above? Or, would you suggest to add a separate dish - can I couple it with DCII reception? What's the simplest setup, allowing DVB, DBS and DGII reception in one system?

Since most DCII is on C-band, it would be best if you had a C-band dish. I've done C-band, regular Ku, and DBS Ku on a BUD at the same time by piggybacking a DTV lnbf to the side of my feedhorn, but that doesn't work very well. The QPH-031 will get regular Ku and the DBS stuff needed for the DSS stuff, but except for Oklahoma, you're not likely to get much DCII unless you get a big dish.

Thanks. Wanted to clarify one issue: in practice [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_broadcast_satellite"]Direct-broadcast satellite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] (Direct broadcast satellite) term refers to any type of Digital Sat TV broadcast, including signals encoded using such public and proprietary standards as DVB, DSS, DGII... Is that correct? Any authoritative web link to clarify that?

not really. We consider DBS as "the pizza guys" (Dish Network, DirecTV, Bell ExpressVu) as their LNB is used just for that part of the KU Band (12.2-12.75 Ghz)

If you "Google" around, there is a full radio spectrum chart somewhere that shows every band of frequencies and what they are used for and what each band is "termed". It is a pretty amazing chart. You won't believe how much of this bandwidth is used and how "small" the FSS and DBS and what have you satellite signals are using. It is really just a sliver of the whole spectrum.

RADAR

What C-and/or-Ku-band clear and subscription audio music channels are broadcast in stereo or more advanced audio encoding?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)