Must I have my Dish Changed?????

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I just got off the phone with dish about upgrading to a 622. I currently have a 811 receiver, a superdish (105,110,119), and also a Dish 300 (61.5). The 61.5 is for Sky Angel as well as voom. I live in east Tennessee.

I asked if I could upgrade to the 622 any cheaper if I did the install myself. She said they would have to send someone out because they would have to install a new dish.

I told her I did not want a new dish, but she said I would have to because they are putting all of the HD on one dish. ????? I told her I can't get rid of my second dish because I subscribe to Sky Angel. So she said I could keep my second dish, but they would still have to change out the other dish.

Is this true, or have I once again been dealing with a CSR that don't know her rear end from a hole in the ground.

And BTW, I asked her if the rumors were true about the limited supply if 622's. She said if I call tomorrow I would without a doubt be able to get a 622. We'll soon see.

The CSR is wrong. All the national HD channels are available on 129 and 61.5.

HOWEVER, the Nashville ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations are currently uplinked to 129 ONLY.

See ya
Tony

I assume you have the superdish for locals? What will happen to them?

CSR's should have to go though some type of install training before they put them behind the phones.

TNGTony said:
HOWEVER, the Nashville ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox stations are currently uplinked to 129 ONLY.
doesn't matter. East Tennessee is Knoxville, Chattanooga and Bristol, Nashville is middle Tennessee. Since he has a Superdish 105, I guessing he's Chattanoga or Bristol. Niether is mirrored on 129, so a dish 1000 adds nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)