Must receiver dial out from billing phone number?

jmel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Eastern NC
So dish has my cell phone number (I do not use a landline) as the billing phone number, and I use voip, a company called teliax.

I have a linksys pap2 voip adapter, and can not for the life of me get it to download my bill, pay my bill or anything from the interactive menu screen.

It dials out, connects, but that's it.

I was wondering, if this means that they do reverse caller id, to see if the number is the same as billing?

I was thinking about calling tech support when I get home about it.

I've put in the *99 prefix (and also tried *99#) and turned on and off various settings with no luck. Sometimes the call won't complete even, but I think I have the voip adapter set up properly... I just want to rule out anything else...

So dish has my cell phone number (I do not use a landline) as the billing phone number, and I use voip, a company called teliax.

I have a linksys pap2 voip adapter, and can not for the life of me get it to download my bill, pay my bill or anything from the interactive menu screen.

I was wondering, if this means that they do reverse caller id, to see if the number is the same as billing?

I've put in the *99 prefix (and also tried *99#) and turned on and off various settings with no luck. Sometimes the call won't complete even, but I think I have the voip adapter set up properly... I just want to rule out anything else...

I don't know anything about Voip, but I can tell you it will call out PPV info fine from any phone number and billing info also. I live in upstate NY in summer and Florida in winter. My recieiver calls out fine from any location. You can go to your account on E* website and put in an alt. phone #. I have done that and have never had a problem since 1997.

I did try connecting thru a wireless jack that uses your house wiring back to your phone. It would not work. It would pass the phone connected test, but would fail when data was passed. Since I do not have a jack near tv, I simply hook up a 25 ft. phone cord once a month across room to actual phone jack. It works fine.

that's an interesting point. i have the same situation. My phone does dial out to my VOIP line and it works fine...and no problem. But I can't get that interactive menu to work either. they DO have my VoIP line number on file as an alternative number but my main number with them is my cell phone line.

Let me know how that works out...what you find out.

Do you have access to the web interface? You need to disable compression by setting the codec to g711. The unit you have allows the provider to set codes to features how ever they like but if I remember right the default on that unit for uncompressed is *71101

Time to get fancy :)

Here is what it's set to now:

silence supp enable (NO)
silence threshold (medium)
echo canc enable (NO)
echo canc adapt (NO)
echo supp enable (NO)
fax ced detect enable (YES)
fax cng detect enable (YES)
fax passthru codec (G711U)
fax passthru method (ReINVITE)
fax prcess NSE (no)

my preferred codec is G711u as well.

When I called 1800india for tech support, the guy said to dial prefix #99

that totally contradicted what i've read about vonage support, dialing *99# (which doesn't work)... so I just left it at *99, and it does appear to dial out... connects...just wont return me any info... errors out saying that it cant communicate.

The voip company I use is called teliax... I use a pay per use account, and for all voice purposes, they've been great....

I was even able to activate my receiver using this line, just wont let me pull up my bill or anything else from the customer service menu after it connects.

as expected, tech support was useless... having me run check switch and crap and said they couldnt tell me whether or not my modem was ever making a hard connection to their network...

sounds like bs to me, but the rep sounded pretty clueless as well anyway... :(

She of course also contradicted 1800india by telling me its *99 not #99... great...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)