mutisport package vs direct tv nfl season pass

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
hello y'all i want to know how does the nfl game day pass with direct tv compare to dish multi sport pack i have the dish multi sport pack and i am quite happy with it i just saw multiple direct tv commercials during the dalas game and during the seahawks game

hello y'all i want to know how does the nfl game day pass with direct tv compare to dish multi sport pack i have the dish multi sport pack and i am quite happy with it i just saw multiple direct tv commercials during the dalas game and during the seahawks game

Sunday Ticket on Directv is obviously the better package because you get all the games in addition to Redzone. It also costs $350 per season after the first year if you want the package that includes Redzone versus $13 per month for Multi-sport on Dish. That's the part they don't advertise.

I am a fantasy football fan so if I'm not watching my Lions games I would rather watch Redzone than any individual out of market game. For that reason Dish is a better deal in my opinion. Sunday Ticket is really for people who don't live in the same market as their home team.

If I lived in San Fransico as I Lions fan I would probably have Directv and Sunday Ticket. Since I do live in the Lions home market it's not necessary for me.

Reactions: Troch77
And more than likly you will pay a RSN fee on Directv's Choice package and above.

And actually IMO The red Zone on Dish and cable is better than Directv's version.

And since I like my In market team, I don't have to deal with the RSN fees year round that come with an acceptable basepackage with Directv.

But ST is nice for someone who needs it, and New customers get it for free.
Some existing customers as well.

tthanks guys for oyur help my qusion with red zone is what the major attracton to it and i have the 250 package is mutli sport already included in the package or is it a separate thing

tthanks guys for oyur help my qusion with red zone is what the major attracton to it and i have the 250 package is mutli sport already included in the package or is it a separate thing
The advantage to Redzone, if you are a person like me that likes to watch football, but don't want to pay $300... It is fantastic. You give up choice of game, but I haven't really been disappointed by that as long as I continue to get to watch most my Cowboys games.

right how does rd zone work does it switch to whatever game that has a major play ad how is the soccer in the muti sport package i know they have dish fox somethin liek that is it inclued in mutli sport or is it diffrnet

I don't watch a lot of soccer so I couldn't tell you. Redzone will air any team in the redzone(20 yard line) and any major plays and exciting games.

Another option if you are an NFL fan is the NFL Game Pass, for $99 (through the NFL, not Dish) you get access to all games. The catch is that in the US you can't watch the game until it is over, but it gives you the opportunity to watch any game that you may want to see.

i decide dto get the mutli sport package i saw tat the nfl red zone is not in hd is that a glitch with my hopper ssytem or is it only offered in sd

well i contacted there techincal sopport after rebooting and doing a bunch of steps thy could not figure as my box is reporting fine it and the other channels i know that are in hd are showing up in hd i still are unable to biew it in hd is there a special step i am missing in regards t it being in hd like did i have to turn to a channle in the 9700 range

It's channel 155, Go into your Guide.
Click on red button on remote scroll down until you click on "ALL CHANNELS" then report back.
The Hoppers default to HD so not sure why you wouldn't have it.

Another option if you are an NFL fan is the NFL Game Pass, for $99 (through the NFL, not Dish) you get access to all games. The catch is that in the US you can't watch the game until it is over, but it gives you the opportunity to watch any game that you may want to see.

I think, as in the past, you have to wait till all the Sunday games are over to watch so basically the next day. If you could watch as soon as game is over (and before you see the score) might consider.

I think, as in the past, you have to wait till all the Sunday games are over to watch so basically the next day. If you could watch as soon as game is over (and before you see the score) might consider.
"NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, and Super Bowl game broadcasts. Access to these games is available within NFL Game Pass on an on-demand basis in the NFL Game Pass archives after such games have aired on broadcast television. Sunday morning and afternoon games (9:30am ET, 1pm ET & 4pm ET) are available at the conclusion of all Sunday 4pm ET games, and Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday and Saturday NFL games are available following the conclusion of the applicable game telecast."

Directv's version is ok imo but if you have 3 of those games on the ticket that are local, they are all blacked out on the ticket. It's too annoying to have to switch back and forth if one of those games is your team that's playing. I like Red zone a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts