muzak

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fedupwithcablevision590

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
I hear I can get muzak audio feeds from an FTA.
What does it entail to setup an FTA system? I know I need a reciever, LNB, and a dish. I am totally new to FTA so correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd love to be able to listen to muzak's FM1 channel again. I used to several years ago when I had an FM SCA reciever, but muzak discontinued that service.
How much will an FTA system cost me? I'm just looking for a bare bones type of system so I can recieve music,etc.
I see muzak recievers for sale on ebay, but I gather these are not FTA and won't work.

welcome :wave

I hear I can get muzak audio feeds from an FTA.
correct. The Muzak and CD audio channels on Dish are in the clear (FTA)

What does it entail to setup an FTA system? I know I need a reciever, LNB, and a dish. I am totally new to FTA so correct me if I'm wrong.
you would need a FTA receiver and a 18" dish and LNB. For the dish, a DIsh500 or DirecTV dish would work just fine if thats all you're looking to get

I'd love to be able to listen to muzak's FM1 channel again. I used to several years ago when I had an FM SCA reciever, but muzak discontinued that service.
FM1 is on channel 922 on Dish

How much will an FTA system cost me? I'm just looking for a bare bones type of system so I can recieve music,etc.
I see muzak recievers for sale on ebay, but I gather these are not FTA and won't work.
don't get a muzak receiver because those need to be subbed. As for a FTA reciever, really any box wil work.
As for a receiver, there are many to choose from. The most common ones are Pansat, Coolsat, Fortec & Viewsat. But if all you want it for the audio, there are some other boxes that don't have all the whiz bang features but get the job done. Satpros, digiwave, captiveworks, neusat, orasat are other options.

Check some of the sponsors here-I'm sure there's several that could set you
up with the receiver and whatever else you need. click at top of page!!!!

Check some of the sponsors here-I'm sure there's several that could set you
up with the receiver and whatever else you need. click at top of page!!!!

I'm looking to spend as little $$ as possible, so I need some ideas on exact recievers, LNB, and of course the dish.
Used recievers are fine with me too. Looking to get this going sometime in July.
I dont need Dolby, HD or any of that, just something to put out stereo audio and TV.

yep that would work just fine
I ran across these when I was looking for help with the Satpros boxes we got earlier this year.
It's a common hacker-bait box....and was used for that by the seller, if you read the fine print (autoroll is the giveaway key word).
Some people try to sell them for $200, and make you think the units are special.
Anyone selling them for more than about $100 new, is making a big profit.
If you can get that one for $50 or less, I'd think that was fair. But I'm cheap! :cool:

The Traxis 3500, 5400, and maybe 1500 (first three shown) are other possible choices.
Some of the members have those receivers, and they should comment on 'em.

And, you might checkout our classified section for folks selling used equipment.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelliteguys-classifieds/
One sold for $40+shipping, this month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)