My 1 meter CM install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Just wanted to share pics with those who were interested in installing a fta sytem.
These pics will show how I almost broke my hands and sweat digging 2 1/2 ft
deep installing this. Dish is parked on Amc 9 for retro tv. Receiving signal of 90 and quality of 88. PLease be free to ask any questions on my setup. Also using
Pansat 4500 Pvr ready receiver.

Attachments

• 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    987.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    928.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    817.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    957.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 222
Just wanted to share pics with those who were interested in installing a fta sytem.
deep installing this. Dish is parked on Amc 9 for retro tv. Receiving signal of 90 and quality of 88. PLease be free to ask any questions on my setup. Also using

Also this CM antenna (39" wide) is about 3 yrs old. My dad got tired of the Dmx
music on Gal 25 which I put in for him. As you can see the dish is in great shape and cleaned off the back..It was totally filthy and now brand new!

As you can see from the 6th pic, I had to put the pole high (about 7 1/4 ft above the ground) to overshoot my neighbors trees.

As you can see from the 6th pic, I had to put the pole high (about 7 1/4 ft above the ground) to overshoot my neighbors trees. I believe the downlinked rf from the satellite is 3 degrees above the plane of the dish which gives an advantage for ku offset antennas.

I joined the club 8ft fence post. 2.1/2ft deep hole

Yea I just did that myself. Used way to much concrete myself. 100 pounds. LOL. But I'm going to be in this house another 2.1/2 years or longer.

Josh

Yea I just did that myself. Used way to much concrete myself. 100 pounds. LOL. But I'm going to be in this house another 2.1/2 years or longer.

Josh

Actually used 1 1/2 bags @ 80 lbs of sacrete cement...sucker initially hardens within 1 hour.

Very clean install. Curious asa to what type of lnb is on the dish.

Great looking install. Was going to ask the same question as Ghia did, what type of LNB setup are you using? I replaced the original single polarity LNB and waveguide on my 1 meter CM with a bandstacked LNB from a Dish Network Superdish (the LNB is a re-branded Eagle Aspen P870 with a C-120 flange)... My 1 meter CM is fixed on AMC-21 for the PBS content.

Did you weld or drill a hole in the pipe and put a piece a rebar so it might not twist in the wind? Last one I did I used a piece of bed frame and welded it to the bottom of the pipe. Then inside the hole I hit in rebar on angles into the sides of the dirt then poured the cement and filled the pole with cement as well. The 90cm dish moves in high wind a bit, (bounces) on 1"1/4 pipe. Years ago I put up a starchoice dish with same pipe and did not weld anything on the bottom it has not moved or twisted from wind but it is low to the ground and smaller.

Last edited:
Did you weld or drill a hole in the pipe and put a piece a rebar so it might not twist in the wind? Last one I did I used a piece of bed frame and welded it to the bottom of the pipe. Then inside the hole I hit in rebar on angles into the sides of the dirt then poured the cement and filled the pole with cement as well. The 90cm dish moves in high wind a bit, (bounces) on 1"1/4 pipe. Years ago I put up a starchoice dish with same pipe and did not weld anything on the bottom it has not moved or twisted from wind but it is low to the ground and smaller.

Believe or not I did not put any rebar, but what I did was inserted into the ground
a cinder block with the pole going thru the square slot. Then I poured in little by
little concrete. Then i used a 2 x 4 wood and kept jabbing the wood end into the
ground to settle the cement in. . Covered entire hole with dirt inside/side then
filled the cement. By the following morning, not only was the cement hardened
already, by it did not move at all. Picked a good weekend with temps in the 80's and no wind. When I peaked the dish and moved the dish, the pole did not move.
Nice and sturdy.

I also finished the base of the pole with cement to create a "bowl" shape so that any runoff of rain with flow to the side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts