My 2 year contract is up! What to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Add me to the boat as well though I'm not concerned with quantity of HD so much as quality and Dish has all of the HD programming that I want but the fee's for a dvr and not having full hd service are more than I want to deal with. Cox is the only cable provider here and they are really bad about maintaining the customers cable system at the house. Fios is in the area but not in our neighborhood and V has no plans on putting it in for the foreseeable future so its either Dish or Cox and either way all the wiring has to be re done.

BTW, I saw the comment that Dish's PQ sucks and there's no difference between D or E when it comes to PQ.

Add me to the boat as well though I'm not concerned with quantity of HD so much as quality and Dish has all of the HD programming that I want but the fee's for a dvr and not having full hd service are more than I want to deal with. Cox is the only cable provider here and they are really bad about maintaining the customers cable system at the house. Fios is in the area but not in our neighborhood and V has no plans on putting it in for the foreseeable future so its either Dish or Cox and either way all the wiring has to be re done.

BTW, I saw the comment that Dish's PQ sucks and there's no difference between D or E when it comes to PQ.

Interesting ...... :rolleyes:

I am one that has always pushed for Quality over quantity.

At the moment, everything I watch on D* is in HD.
They have the shows I watch on the channels I watch as well as the local RSN in HD.

Only thing I would like more is more Cinemax channels available, it's a crime that you only get 2 channels and one HD for the same price you get many thoerh premiums.
I may decide to cancel my premium channels finally, not sure yet, will wait and see what the new sat has to offer before hand.

You don't understand if you are saying I want a "status" symbol.

What a silly comment.

I ONLY watch HDTV. I do NOT watch SD. It hurts my eyes. Literally I have gotten to where I cannot tolerate SD.

So obviously I want to go where there is the most variety available to me to watch in the format that I like.

I just wish History International would go HDTV.

I just wish History International would go HDTV.
As this is the only channel you've shown a preference for and it doesn't exist, we have to assume that the content doesn't really matter.

DIRECTV proved early on that just because they carried a channel in HD didn't mean that it had any meaningful HD content on it. It was literally months before the MTV networks showed more than a few hours a month of HD content.

If watching SD hurts your eyes, you might consider turning down the contrast on your television. Oftentimes having the contrast set too high can cause eye fatigue.

Although I do sell Dish, there really is no provider that is better than the rest. Like Scott said you need to look at whats available and what suits your needs best.

Some cases Dish is better, some cases Directv is better.

As far as Time Warner I wouldn't even consider them a competitor, and if your looking at Uverse it might look good on the outside but even that has its own issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.