My 2nd vip622 on the way, first one going back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

G-force

Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
You might have seen my thread about my vip622 receiver overheating within an hour of it being istalled last week. So I figured it needs a bit more air even though my media cabinet has pretty good ventilation. Well after 4 days of use I'm convinced there is something wrong with it and Dish is sending me out a replacement. I couldn't really hear any fans working in the unit ever. Everytime I watched it, within 1 hour it would shut down with a temperature of 143-145, this is with the cabinet fully open front and back.

Hopefully the new unit will work better, if not we'll know that it is in fact a ventilation problem. It will be here wednesday or thursday. I'll report back hopefully with goon news.

You should definitely hear the fan spin-up to full flow for a few seconds when the 622 starts from cold, like following a hard reboot. Then it will shut down completely until "needed". A lot of us who are concerned about the heat problems have never seen the fan start up again! So we wonder what triggers it to turn on and at what level? If you never heard your fan, then either it's defective or perhaps the plug to the PCB came unconnected in shipping.

There is a LOT of information about the 622 heat issues/concerns in this thread, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59186

You are wise to take steps to reduce the temp. as much as possible, and you can use the internal HDD temp. indicators (in the "counters") as an indirect means of determining if you are indeed making a difference...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)