My 522 vs My Replay TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Satellite_Gal

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Now that we have our 522 and we got it wired up and working the way I want it, I have a couple of observations:

1st of all I really like it.
What I wish it had that my Replay TV has is:
-The ability to search movies by genre (romantic comedy, foreign, cult)
-The ability to specify how many of a given show you want to save
-***Capability of recording 1 show every week or everyday and recording over the previous one so that you don't use up all you capacity on your children's daily shows instead of creating a new dvr event for each one
-The ability to click on a show or dvr event and have it find all instances of that show in one command instead of having to go to search (most important)

Having said all that, I really like the 522 and the integration with the satellite receiver and access the dvr from 2 TVs goes a long way to mitigating the shortcomings in interface
:)

I like some of the functions of my 501 and my 921... but I like my Replays more... because of the above... plus network ability, show sharing and streaming upgradeability also... (and it looks pretty good on downrezzed stuff in my ht room and my camper... )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts