My 612 is a big piece of ....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
I hate this box. I have to reset it AT LEAST three times a day. It is slow when rolling through the guide. It was a good idea for dish to make this box if you only have one TV, but it was poorly implemented.

I had to switch my remote to IR mode because the UHF mode is horrible. Even the IR mode is slow to respond.

I called them up today and they are replacing my 612 with a 622 for no extra charge. :D:up:D:up

Bingo!

I really don't understand why the 612 had to be made. Whatever they did really screwed up the operations.

If you only have one tv, leave your 622 in single mode.

Bingo!

I really don't understand why the 612 had to be made. Whatever they did really screwed up the operations.

If you only have one tv, leave your 622 in single mode.

The 612 is new and is only on the second software release. You need to give the dish engineers time to work the bugs out.

Example when the 622 came out nothing worked right....3 months later all was better.

Benefits of the 612 over the 622
1. No access fee 5 dollar for no phone or ethernet connectivity
2. It only counts as one tunner for the purpose of the 4 leased tunner rule

Conns
1. No PIP
2. No second SD TV

The main thing is I can now have 3 HD TV with DVR I have a 722 and 2 612s All are leased...I just got the twp 612s to replace my 622 they were 25 bucks a piece. A great deal.

Hmmm... The 612 has a phone jack on it. Why put it on there if the DVR is exempt from the $5.00 fee for not being hooked up?

Read again No PIP

Bob

Uh, yeah...

NOT MY QUESTION.

I asked if there is no access fee for not being hooked up to a phone, how can you have PPV? The phone connection is to check on your PPV orders.

The 612 has a phone jack so why isn't Dish charging if you are not hooked to it.

And Bob, read MY posts again paying attention to what I have quoted.
Thanks.

Dish does not charge a fee for not being hooked up to a phone. they choose to give you a discount on an additional TV hookup if you do connect it to a Dual Tuner Multiple TV receiver. All receivers from the 1000 to the newest 612 have a phone jack on them for PPV orders and additional features on Dish Pro and newer receivers like caller id and DISH Home Interactive applications.

Dish does not charge a fee for not being hooked up to a phone. they choose to give you a discount on an additional TV hookup if you do connect it to a Dual Tuner Multiple TV receiver. All receivers from the 1000 to the newest 612 have a phone jack on them for PPV orders and additional features on Dish Pro and newer receivers like caller id and DISH Home Interactive applications.
Ok, Thanks. So, the phone not hooked up fee was only for dual tuner, dual tv output receivers? Weird... I've been a customer from the very beginning and I thought they charged anyone who did not have their phone hooked up.

I think they released the 612 too soon. I think the fix will be in software updates. Looks like someone didnt test the product well before it got launched.. lol they should have a beta testing group. Do they?

Even 311's have phone jacks, you don't get charged if you don't hook them up, but it's still a good idea if you don't want to face the audit nazis.

CORRECTION:::
Dish DOES charge for the second tuner, it isnt like the old 921. If you dont have it hooked up to the internet or a phone line then you will be charged for the "additional access fee"

I dont like it but that is how they decided to do it.

That is straight from Dish and DNS.

maxmoto,

Just a quick thought without reading the whole thread. I had the same "anger" with my 622 when I got it.

Bottom line. It was getting to hot in the cabinet. I had to put it on its own shelf, place a couple of blocks under it, and a few extra holes in the back of the entertainment center for air.

If its in a cabinet, try it with the door open before going after cooling options.

Just a thought.

Well, if you get enough boxes on your account, certainly all 6, it has been my experience that Auditing will DEMAND that all your boxes be connected to a phone line or Ethernet broadband, OR ELSE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)