My 622 HDMI port died today

This is ominous. I've only had my 622 running since last week and I too have noticed some HDMI problems. I had the problem once or twice with my 942, but it seemed to stabilize after a while and for months I never had difficulties.

I hope that mine doesn't flake out completely!

CDH.

CDH said:
I hope that mine doesn't flake out completely!

CDH.
Don't hold your breath!. Mine did crap out and I called and finally got a replacement within 48 hours. When I called to get the new 622 authorized, the CSR asked why it was replaced and I told them. He said that the 622 doesn't have a HDMI problem. I told him he needs to read the forums and that the issues on the output problems are all the same. He said nothing more and proceeded to activate.

HDMI died - received replacement - annoying buzz gone!

Powered on my 622 receiver early this week and noticed there was no video. The receiver is connected to my HDTV via a HDMI cable. I powered up my other devices (hooked up via component cables) and noticed they were working fine…even my cable and over-the-air broadcast television inputs were working. I attempted to recover the receiver by performing a soft and then hard reboot. This did not correct the problem since I had still has blank screen.:down

I then swapped out the HDMI cable with a spare to no avail. The 622 is running in single user mode and I have TV2 (composite cables) running to my DVD recorder. I turned on my DVD recorder-->switched to the appropriate input on my HDTV-->selected the appropriate input on my DVD recorder and viola! All of the 622’s tuner and DVR functions are working perfectly when displayed on TV2.

I then swapped out my 622 with my 942 dual-tuner HD receiver. The HDMI output worked perfectly on the 942 using existing HDMI cable. Plugged in the 622 and experienced the same trouble with HDMI. I then connected the 622 using component cables, but that too had failed (blank screen).

OTHER ISSUES: I’ve had various problems (blank screens, audio sync, trailing video effects (MPEG-4 HD LIL) with this receiver, but most were related to receive software and/or transponder encoder issues. However, I have experienced a persistent, and rather annoying, electronic buzzing when skipping forward/backward through recordings. Likewise, the tuner would also make an annoying electronic buzzing sound when local over-the-air channels experience borderline signal levels (i.e. when the OTA channels start to break-up the receiver will buzz). The receiver appeared to have operated normally for the most part and, since I never had any of these problems with my 942, I assumed they could be corrected with software. Ref: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=528497

Anyway, I received a replacement receiver from E* yesterday. I hooked it up late last night and it works like a champ; all previously noted problems (that were blamed on software) have been corrected. Both boxes are running L356 and the only obvious difference is the dead 622 was using version B motherboard whereas the replacement 622 is using a version D motherboard. :up
Ref: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=62820&highlight=622+version

Well as folks predicted, no HDMI today. So I just ended up connecting the Component video cables.

A question I had but didn't get a response:
If I were to have returned the 622 for replacement, would I have be SOL for all recordings , including PPV, on the defective 622 or would they actually swap the hard drive from the old to the new?

mrhoni said:
Well as folks predicted, no HDMI today. So I just ended up connecting the Component video cables.

A question I had but didn't get a response:
If I were to have returned the 622 for replacement, would I have be SOL for all recordings , including PPV, on the defective 622 or would they actually swap the hard drive from the old to the new?

SOL

they would't even ship component cables to me. Not the first CSR ass. The second was very helpful and sent a new unit. So far...so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)