My 622 Just Arrived

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Anything I Need To Know Before I Do An Install?GIVE Me A Top 5 List. Install Scheduled For The 28th Of Feb.

Are you a new HD sub, or is this replacing something else? Without knowing what is already installed or not installed, its tough to give any suggestions. One thing that is universal is...

#1) Make sure you have the cables you want to use. The 622 doesn't come with anything for HD. I needed to buy a HDMI>DVI adapter since my TV has DVI inputs and my 811 (which the 622 replaced) has DVI out. My install tech said that they are to supply the component cables if the customer doesn't have anything that works, but I'm not sure if every install tech will have them.

It just sucks to have a piece of new gear without being able to use it, isn't it!

Have them bring a 44 switch. My installer left without doing the job because they had no swiches. No HDTV because of it.

The Big Wood said:
Are you a new HD sub, or is this replacing something else? Without knowing what is already installed or not installed, its tough to give any suggestions. One thing that is universal is...

#1) Make sure you have the cables you want to use. The 622 doesn't come with anything for HD. I needed to buy a HDMI>DVI adapter since my TV has DVI inputs and my 811 (which the 622 replaced) has DVI out. My install tech said that they are to supply the component cables if the customer doesn't have anything that works, but I'm not sure if every install tech will have them.

It just sucks to have a piece of new gear without being able to use it, isn't it!
You can do HD over the component cables, DVI or HDMI is supposed to be better quality because you are getting a digital signal all the way to your TV but depending on your HDTV you may or may not notice the difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)