My 622 keeps turning off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikenewy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I have had this 622, I purchased for about 3 months. When I turn it on, it finds the sats, downloads pg and turns itself off. Perhaps it is overheating? I can only watch about a minute of tv before it turns off. Anyone have this problem? Will Dish replace the unit? Thanks for any help.

I let it rest for a while, unpluged, reboted, now the receiver works, but the DVR gives me a error code 5 on any play backs. Apparently the Hard drive crashed? Will E replace this even though I bought it from Sadoun?

They should replace it. E* gives 1 yr. warranty on their equipment. Sounds like the receiver is overheating though, it may be too late for the hard drive but where do you have it?

You can check the temperatures by using the remote:

Menu, 6, 3, Counters, Page Down three times.

Thanks RandallA, the receiver still works, but it goes bonkers when recording something, then on trying to replay, it gives error message 5. I store it on top of a Samsung HD large screen. It seems that things went bad when the ambient temp climed to 80 degees. I fear the hard drive is cooked, will check the temp. when I get it running again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)