My 625 DVR hard drive just died

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nycyanks07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
My DVR's hard drive just died. I have only had the service for 5 months and the reciever has been in a well ventilated area. What should I expect when I call customer service? Will they send a new DVR out or will I have to mail the damaged one first? It's going to suck being without TV while this crap gets resolved. I've only been with them for 5 months, you'd think the damn thing would last for atleast a 1 yr. People warned me not to get Dish Network.

Well mechanical (and electronic) stuff fails so it is bound to happen to someone in this forum.

At least Dish has figured out something, with my old 642 (or 625 or whatever it was, the SD DVR) that I had a couple years ago the HD would fail every few months. Since then I have had no problems like that with my 942 and now two 622's.

Yea, just statistics.. sometimes hard drives fail a lot earlier than they should, and it's going to happen to some unlucky person. Doesn't matter who you go with, it happens.

Thanks for the responses. I called customer service and they are going to send me another DVR. The thing that has me concerned is not so much that the DVR died but that I am going to be mailing back the damaged receiver and I don't want Dish network to pull a fast one on me. I have read many stories on Satellite forums of people who's accounts have been charged because Dish claimed their receiver never arrived. I've also read stories about Dish network blaming the customer for the damage( like bugs inside the box) and being charged for the receiver. I know I am still under warranty but it still worries me a little. Should I have reason to be concerned?

Thanks for the responses. I called customer service and they are going to send me another DVR. The thing that has me concerned is not so much that the DVR died but that I am going to be mailing back the damaged receiver and I don't want Dish network to pull a fast one on me. I have read many stories on Satellite forums of people who's accounts have been charged because Dish claimed their receiver never arrived. I've also read stories about Dish network blaming the customer for the damage( like bugs inside the box) and being charged for the receiver. I know I am still under warranty but it still worries me a little. Should I have reason to be concerned?
Thr 625 you had is probably remanufactured, DISH reuses the leased receivers that are returned so it may have seen more than 5 months of use. Dish will ship you a box to return the defective 625 in it will come with a UPS shipping label and a tracking number. Keep that tracking number for at least a year it is your proof that the receiver was returned and that DISH received it.:)

Don't worry about getting charge for damage unless you really did something, They get thousand of receivers ship in each week so, Just keep track of the shipping label and number. You also can go and check the shipping status at UPS.com and see when it was deleivered. Sometimes the receiver number gets miss read and that when they get reports it was not shipped back. It should not happen, but it does. My DVR hard drive died after 3 years of hard use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)