My 721 isn't compatible with Yellow Card?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I tried swaping my 721 with the Yellow card. It never got the authorization... it remained virgin.

The advance tech wants to send me a new 721 because my 721 isn't compatible with Yellow card and it's a 'known' issue?!

What?!

Then I tried swapping card for the 508, it was OK as a virgin card and now it becomes "smartcard not inserted correctly"

The old blue card was re-activiated and the receivers work just fine?!

Anyone else with similar issue?

Don't hold your breath on a new one... You will get a referb. The CSR told me I was getting a new one and when I got it it was a referb. I bitched up and down with no luck... And the one they sent, the recording LED doesn't work... The one I gave them was in mint condition too... Plus you only get a 90 day warranty when you get it... Dish sucks...

trooper7648 said:
Don't hold your breath on a new one... You will get a referb. The CSR told me I was getting a new one and when I got it it was a referb. I bitched up and down with no luck... And the one they sent, the recording LED doesn't work... The one I gave them was in mint condition too... Plus you only get a 90 day warranty when you get it... Dish sucks...

If you are on the DHP or DHA plan with dish then your equipment is leased and the 90 day warranty is not valid. They will replace it even if it has been a couple of months. This does not included any service "the service plan is 4.99 a month". But if you do have this it is still 29.99 for a tech to come out. Which in the long run is a waste of money. As for the referb. I dont belive E* makes 721 anymore that is why you got a referb not a new one. When I buy Equipment from Dow I can buy a Brand new 522 which I have had alot of problems with, If that reciver is bad out of the box and I RA it I will get a referb in its place. You should be happy dish offers a plan like this if it was a tivo from directv than the would have told you SORRY!!!

Yes, but they just sent me a new yellow CARD, & it worked fine afterwords... (after I had to call a SECOND time to get it, because some idiot canceled the first order for the new card... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Didn't they even at least try a new card BEFORE resorting to a new receiver???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)