My 722 calls "home" more than 12 times a day!

Thank, I tried the *99# and it WORKS! All the prefix references I saw were for *99 only without the # and it didn't work for me. How did you figure out that you need the *99# ?

Matt, hold on with the replacement receiver. If it works with the *99# then I don't want to replace it.

I'll hold off on the replacement. As mentioned, some VOIP providers need the prefix to let the system know it is sending data, and not making a call. I'm glad that it was figured out, and I hope it continues to work

Thank, I tried the *99# and it WORKS! All the prefix references I saw were for *99 only without the # and it didn't work for me. How did you figure out that you need the *99#?
Well... I didn't. ;) I religiously followed the VOIP forum over at DSLReports Home : Broadband ISP Reviews News Tools and Forums for a few years, until life intruded.

I don't recall the details, but there is a certain protocol that supports fax/dialup over voip. Most of the carriers don't use it as far as I know.
Too true. There is FoIP and MoIP, neither of which are well supported. What many providers do when you tell them you have a fax or modem is switch to a codec that does the least violence to the fax or modem signal, such as g711.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts