My aim might be off...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xevious2K

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Guilford, CT
Hello All,

I started programming in Satellites and channels into my receiver last night and I am wondering if my aim is a little off, or I didn't setup the Stab Motor correctly.

First, a little background information.

My Zip code is 06437, (Guilford, CT, Location: 41.3 N, 72.6 W), and I have a Fortec Star 120cm dish on a Stab HH120 motor.

I am using USALS setting on a Pansat 3500s receiver with a Fortec Star FSKU-V universal LNB. The LNB settings for all satellites, (Except PAS9), is Standard, LO 10600, 22k On.

I believe my true south bird is AMC6 at 72*. The motor elevation is set to 41 and the dish elevation to 23, (as per sadoun instructions).

Now, The problem...

When I went so scan G10R, I found no transponders, I went to scan SatMex5 and was actually scanning E7. SBS6 and AMC5 were fine. Amazonas picked up everything, and also picked up a info card on E3/R1.

Can someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong?

Here are a few other questions that I also have?

When setting up for true south, do I point the dish to true south even though there may not be a satellite there, or do I need to point the dish at my true south satellite?

When I tried to move the dish to E1/2 at 139*, I got an Out of Range error message. Aren't these motors supposed to go that far? How do I correct?

As Always, Thanks

One problem is I am not sure if there is a full-time TP on AMC 6 to set it up as a TS bird. Maybe one of the mods will jump in on that-you might have to use something like SBS 6.

The dish/motor assembly needs to be pointed at the TS satellite, not to true south. You have to get that locked in in order for USALS to work correctly.

Thanks, That's what I thought.

But, (There's always a But), Even though I know my true south sat is AMC6... Using USALS, can't I Pick any sat and set that as the reference position? For Example...

My true south sat is AMC6
Let's say I set the motor to 0 and peak on G4R
When I setup the receiver, I enter my Lat/Lon and select Reference Position
Shouldn't the motor now know where to go to get all sat's?

Or, Does Reference Position, just set the motor back to zero.

It's this Reference Position that's confusing me, there is no good explination that I can find.

Thanks

make sure the motor is at zero....since you have a true south (AMC6) you aim for that. Once its locked in, then you put in lat/longitude and store it. I always store "referecne position" as my TS.

The rest should fall into place

Satmex is a bugger and you will pick up some Stuff from Echo 7 (that bird is really strong)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)