my AT9 install pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Again there are pictures of them on my site. Any joint that has the chance of moving in the future. If 2 pieces were put together on site then it would be a good idea to screw them together incase the bolts that clamp them together come loose.

dragon002 said:
they are supposed to form a triangle to stop back and forth (horizontal) movement in high winds. using only one only stops vertical movement. we at the MSPs got a memo that using anything but both is an auto fail if it is QCd

I've noticed most of the AT9 installs in my area are done without adding any of the support arms you speak of. They are mounted on top of the roof over the eves with lag bolts only. I'm a little worried that my installer (this sat) may do the same and not add the support arms. Can I 'suggest' he add the arms per the dishs' instructions? I don't want to micro manage him but I also don't want the dish to move when it gets windy.

Charper
I could but there have been 6 threads that have linked over to my pictures. Im in the middle of the country on dial up so it takes forever to upload pics. Only have to do it once this way.

Eric Goempel said:
Charper
I could but there have been 6 threads that have linked over to my pictures. Im in the middle of the country on dial up so it takes forever to upload pics. Only have to do it once this way.

I need to sell you Direcway my man. :D

Photos #1 Uploaded for Eric

Attachments

• directv01.JPG
    directv01.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 177
  • directv02.JPG
    directv02.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 130
  • directv03.JPG
    directv03.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 165
  • directv04.JPG
    directv04.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 136
  • directv05.JPG
    directv05.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 163
Photos #2 Uploaded for Eric

Attachments

• directv10.JPG
    directv10.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 167
  • directv09.JPG
    directv09.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 140
  • directv08.JPG
    directv08.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 143
  • directv07.JPG
    directv07.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 135
  • directv06.JPG
    directv06.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 133
Thank you Charper

And I looked at Directway Tate but it is WAY overpriced for what you get. Going to wait on the net over cell towers.

Eric Goempel said:
Thank you Charper

And I looked at Directway Tate but it is WAY overpriced for what you get. Going to wait on the net over cell towers.

yeah I cannot wait until we have the cell tower things here. Direcway "with no T":) is not that bad if you break it down. You pay 399 for equipment which is yours and you can sell it after your contract is up if they get something better in you area and people will buy used equipment to save money. 200 for standard installation and you will have to have a pole installed cause I know you don't want it on your house and there is no way with the type of mount that direcway uses it can be mounted to your antenna mast so you have 2 options there. 1. you can install your own for around 50 bucks cause the pole itself "the ones we buy are alittle over 40" then the concrete to go around it. The pole needs to be 2" sch40 2 3/8" OSD and 9' long. The antenna has to be mounted 6 feet off the ground cause of transmission waves. 2. you can have the installation company install it which we charge $125 for mounting and ground burial "which you will have to do if you put the pole up". Then you will get a 100 dollar rebate.

The new 7000 modems can get between 600 to 700 kps down depending on your system and 100 to 130 up. Now it is not recommended to use any real time apps or use VOIP with it because of the lag between the modem, the satellite, and the NOC.

The monthly charge for the basic is 59.99 which if you had an extra phone line and an ISP it will cost you more than that. You can also choose to pay 99.99 for 15 months to pay the equipment off and the good thing about that is you get a 30 month warranty which is great.

My issue with sat net is speed. I paid 40 bucks a month for 5 mb dl speed (cable)and can not justify spending MORE for 500k dl speed.

You also said "Now it is not recommended to use any real time apps"
Well one of the main programs I used on high speed net was "Radmin" (Remote administrator) to work on other peoples computers from my place. I also hosted Xbox connect* (FREE version of xbox live) and the speeds direcway offer just will not work.

I need at least 1.5 mb down leg. I have tried to get every type of net out there (even line of sight dish networking) but as I am more than 8000 yards from the nearest switch and 5 miles+ from the nearest fiber cable, I am out of luck. But I am very close to Amish country so it is a beautiful place to live!

I was willing to make the trade off when we bought the place. So unlike some people on here I do not B$&@H about my choice

*Xbox connect is 100% legal!!!!

We had new D* service installed on 3/23.Here are some pics of the dish.I will try and get some better pics of it later.I took these pics yesterday,after a line of severe storms moved through our area.This dish is mounted on a post.Due to a line of sight issue (too many trees and hilly terrain),the only options we had was either a post mount or a commercial roof mount.The missus nixed the roof option in a heartbeat,so it went on a post.I feel like the tech done a helluva job with the install,especially after the storms we had yesterday (high winds,large hail and heavy rains).It is still working just fine,no loss of signal or picture freeze,even with the bad weather that is currently in this area.

Attachments

• 100_0120.JPG
    100_0120.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_0117.JPG
    100_0117.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_0116.JPG
    100_0116.JPG
    472.6 KB · Views: 182
The Tate said:
yeah I cannot wait until we have the cell tower things here. Direcway "with no T":) is not that bad if you break it down. You pay 399 for equipment which is yours
By "cell tower things" if you mean WiMax, that probably won't be widely available until analog TV is shut down in 2009.

WildBlue's satellite internet equipment is currently $299. Faster than D-way and cheaper, too. Their top tier comes with backup dialup for traveling or if you have a problem with the sat connection.

I'm getting 1.6 meg with WildBlue's "1.5meg" service.
t8q1xi.gif

Here is some more pics of our AT9 install.

Attachments

• 100_0135.JPG
    100_0135.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_0136.JPG
    100_0136.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0138.JPG
    100_0138.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_0139.JPG
    100_0139.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0140.JPG
    100_0140.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_0141.JPG
    100_0141.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0134.JPG
    100_0134.JPG
    596.8 KB · Views: 160
dragon002 said:
nice clean job.
Thanks dragon,I thought he done a great job.:up :D Edit:The 6x8 multiswitch was also on the work order,I don't know why.But,he gave us one of the multiswitches,because it was listed on the work order.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)