My AT9 Installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
After my AT9 was relocated, I was talking to the guy about his setup and what kind of stuff he gets from D*. He said he didn't have directv and he Got every channel from E* for free. He said that E* is so easy to hack into and D* was hard. I couldn't believe my ears. Don't directv installers get discounts on service and stuff? I wanted to report him to E* but I never got his name.

Matt

Last edited:
rockaway1836 said:
I don't condone what he 's doing. But don't be a rat

What's that supposed to mean? Don't be a rat. You mean, don't be HONEST???

If he were selling it to kids, after I kicked his ass I may turn him in. If he was using it himself I wouldn't waste my time with him. In my younger days I knew a few guys that were strung out. In one case I took the guys works off him and threw them in the sewer. Then I smacked him around a bit. But I did't call the cops and have him arrested for possesion.
Getting back on topic. Let me say that posting that there may be a hack for E on here is not the best thing to do. It can only serve to propagate the problem by others going out to find out what it is and doing it themselves.

rockaway1836 said:
If he were selling it to kids, after I kicked his ass I may turn him in. If he was using it himself I wouldn't waste my time with him. In my younger days I knew a few guys that were strung out. In one case I took the guys works off him and threw them in the sewer. Then I smacked him around a bit. But I did't call the cops and have him arrested for possesion.
Getting back on topic. Let me say that posting that there may be a hack for E on here is not the best thing to do. It can only serve to propagate the problem by others going out to find out what it is and doing it themselves.

So it's okay for you to smack some junkie around (assault and battery) but if someone is stealing it's wrong to turn him in? BTW, if he's hacking E*, and you are an E* subscriber, then he is costing you money, since you are subsidizing the cost of the theft. Think about that.

Yes I smacked him around a little. Big deal! That's the way things were on the streets of Queens. No one called the cops then either. But he never came back. Spare me the subsidising issue. You really don't think for a minute that if all theft of servce were to stop tomorrow that our costs would go down. Do you? Tell me how many people do you know had a black box for cable? I'm sure most of us on this board know someone. Did anyone turn them in? If they want to do it that's their thing , not mine.

Last edited:
D* and E* Installers

Us installers dont get crap for anything from either one!!!!!

Thats why he is Stealing his own stingy ass employers wont even give him basic service for free what a bunch of sh*t, I would not turn him in he is just getting what is owed to him.

These big corporations are taking advantage of the little guys just to line thier pockets with $$$ and make the stock holders happy. The guys that make the company are being run thru the wringer and their pay goes down more and more each year.

I used to make like $150 on a 2 room install (i provide gas and all install supplies it is down to making $75 for a two room what a rip if i didi not need the tax break i would quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time for the little to stand up and fight for what is his and refuse to get Fu*ked any more!!!

The installer is doing nothing for E* so why does E* owe him. Directv is who owes him. If he was staling D* it would be a different story.

Matt

I know around here that Halstead advertised free Directv in the want ads. In any case it does not sound like he tried to sell the ileagal service to you. So I think you should really just let it go.

rockaway1836 said:
I know around here that Halstead advertised free Directv in the want ads. In any case it does not sound like he tried to sell the ileagal service to you. So I think you should really just let it go.

What?

It amazes me when people jump on their high horses and judge someone else so easily. He is not hurting anyone else or himself. If he gets caught, then he gets punished. If he did not offer to sell you the info to hack it then he is not looking to make money.

Do you people call the police every time someone passes you on the highway doing 66 MPH?

No one could do much to him anyway. The police are not going to go bust his door down because you claim he told you he was getting free satellite service. Think of the risk to the police and the city if they bust in and find nothing. For all they know you could be mad at him and trying to get even through them.

I might have to guess the guy was feeding you full of... well you know what. When I am at an install and people ask me about satellite... let it be any company, I just reply.... I'm really not too sure... I just install them.....not too sure how it all works... but then again... noones ever taken the time to explain why they built a rocket, other then to get to the moon. Then my last reply if they ask if I have satellite.. I just reply, yes, but I don't pay for it and leave it at that. This usually ends all conversation about satellite and I can finish my job and get home.

wobbie said:
I might have to guess the guy was feeding you full of... well you know what. When I am at an install and people ask me about satellite... let it be any company, I just reply.... I'm really not too sure... I just install them.....not too sure how it all works... but then again... noones ever taken the time to explain why they built a rocket, other then to get to the moon. Then my last reply if they ask if I have satellite.. I just reply, yes, but I don't pay for it and leave it at that. This usually ends all conversation about satellite and I can finish my job and get home.

How do you not pay for your satellite service?

VIPERS-PIT said:
It amazes me when people jump on their high horses and judge someone else so easily. He is not hurting anyone else or himself. If he gets caught, then he gets punished. If he did not offer to sell you the info to hack it then he is not looking to make money.

Do you people call the police every time someone passes you on the highway doing 66 MPH?

No one could do much to him anyway. The police are not going to go bust his door down because you claim he told you he was getting free satellite service. Think of the risk to the police and the city if they bust in and find nothing. For all they know you could be mad at him and trying to get even through them.

How is he not hurting anyone? E* subscribers are paying for his service. He is hurting others by taking their money!

Matt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)