Not open for further replies.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Today, I add another year. My wife knows I love gadgets and especially 21st century technology. At my age I need to pay a bit more attention to my health. So I promise to do more in the eat less (proper) and exercise more. I have a treadmill in the HT room so that is in place and I just need the incentive to get off my butt and use it each day as I not sit down to watch a movie.

To add incentive to my new exercise commitment, I decided to add a goal. I want to lower my cholesterol levels but need to be able to monitor it accurately on a monthly, if not weekly basis. This test is not easy nor cheap so I did some research into it and this is what I found and my wife decided I should have one for my birthday for us to use. A bit pricey but over the long haul it is actually less expensive and much more convenient and private. I also discovered it qualifies for pretax in a Flex medical spending account which we have.

http://quickmedical.com/Polymer/cardiochek_pa.html

The cardiocheck PA is more than the basic unit but it does all the tests with one blood sample and does the calculations for instant readout If you don't mind doing the test 3 times and doing the math the basic unit can save $300 but the test strips will cost more over the long haul too.

Happy Birthday, Don! :bday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)