My Box apparently fixed itself, now what to do with the replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
My 721 had been acting strange lately, and after consulting with a service rep, it was concluded that it needed to be replaced. (for further details about the actual symptoms, see this thread). I have the insurance/warranty so the box is replaced for "free".

Well, the box has been performing flawlessly for several days now. The replacement is still sitting in the box waiting for me to swap it out. My concern is that my current box may truly be "cured", and that by swapping it for a refurb (I assume), I may be inheriting other problems.

I'm gonna give it a few more days to screw up, but if it continues to work flawlessly, what do you recommend I do?

been there done that. wait too long and they will charge you retail for a new box.

I solved these troubles by buying and keeping a spare 522 on hand for easy quick swap if needed. it tales all the pressure off me to do something when XXX flakes out.

I also keep a dish 500 completely installed and cabled, with black cables the only black lines in my home.

somerthing wierd occurs I just swap lines. instant diagnosis.

its one slightly costly way to always be prepared for whatever occurs, the dish was added after a cable failure in a blizzard.

it removes stress from my life:)

Bob Haller said:
been there done that. wait too long and they will charge you retail for a new box.

I solved these troubles by buying and keeping a spare 522 on hand for easy quick swap if needed. it tales all the pressure off me to do something when XXX flakes out.

I also keep a dish 500 completely installed and cabled, with black cables the only black lines in my home.

somerthing wierd occurs I just swap lines. instant diagnosis.

its one slightly costly way to always be prepared for whatever occurs, the dish was added after a cable failure in a blizzard.

it removes stress from my life:)

It's not exactly stressful..heheheh....

I won't keep the box for longer than 10 days. I think I have 30 days before actually being charged. I guess I'll just call 'em if I don't swap out. That way they'll know why they're getting the same box back. I just don't want them to think I overreacted. I suppose that's why a service rep signs off on it.

I would change the receiver and go with the replacement.
If you don't and the same problem arises again you may have a problem getting a second receiver sent out.
If this replacement receiver has a different problem, it shouldn't be a problem asking for a replacement for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)