My C-Band Dish Panels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
I now use a 7.5 ft uni-mesh and works great. I picked up a decent 10 ft uni-mesh dish awhile back. I just need to repair a 6 in cut on one panel on the 10 ft.

Now for the question!
Could I just use the mesh panels on the 10 ft and place on the 7.5 mounting? I would also use the rods that came with the 10 ft panels? The two round steel plates (front an back) that hold the panels in place measure the same. I really don't want to erect another dish at this time. Would the signal be better on the 10 ft. I know the rain fade would be better.

According to the chart I have a 10ft will have ~3db more gain. -3db Beamwidth will be under 2° with the 10 so there will be less adjacent interference. (Beamwidth of a 7.5ft is slightly greater than 2°)
Would venture to guess that anything marginal now will become solid reception.

According to the chart I have a 10ft will have ~3db more gain. -3db Beamwidth will be under 2° with the 10 so there will be less adjacent interference. (Beamwidth of a 7.5ft is slightly greater than 2°)
Would venture to guess that anything marginal now will become solid reception.

+1 10' is your best bet. I have two 10' and a 7.5'. The 7.5 performs great. The 10' ers do a lot better on high fec transponders.

20150516_173639.jpg

Reactions: . Raine
Simple rip-cuts can be flattened together, and hand stitched with picture hanging wire. It works well, and you could even paint it if you feel the need. Though the sort of repair is pretty invisible to most people, even looking right at it. No need to spend money buying, cutting, welding and all that.

Hey, that 's a great idea you guys. The small 6 inch slice on one panel, I could repair very easy. I also plan to use my better paint sprayer to spray paint the entire dish. Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.