My C-band LNB has some sort of marble piece inside it. What is it for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sohaib

Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
Riyadh
Hello there, recently I bought a C-band LNB and when I unpacked the box, I find they have provided some marble look alike piece inside along with little black sticker. I'm not sure as to what that is for. Can anyone help me with it as to what should I do with that marble(or whatever it is) on my LNB?

Here are photos of the piece I'm talking about. Any information/help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

Thanks alot for the reply. So if I'm just going to use my C-band LNB here in Middle East to receive Vertical/Horizontal channels, I don't have to use the dielectric plate. I can simply start using the LNB on my dish/antenna straight away. Am I right?

And if however I do use it, I won't be able to receiver Vertical/Horizontal signal but only circular polarity signals or will I be receiving both circular as well the vertical and horizontal signals?

Thanks alot for the reply. So if I'm just going to use my C-band LNB here in Middle East to receive Vertical/Horizontal channels, I don't have to use the dielectric plate. I can simply start using the LNB on my dish/antenna straight away. Am I right?

And if however I do use it, I won't be able to receiver Vertical/Horizontal signal but only circular polarity signals or will I be receiving both circular as well the vertical and horizontal signals?
That's right.

That's right.
Welcome to our forum Sohaib :welcomeI just want to clarify something. If a user inserts the dielectric plate into an LNBF they will get the circular signals at normal strength but will receive the linear signals (H/V) at a reduced power level (some db lower). Sohaib the dielectric plate shouild be inserted at a 45 degree angle to the probes. most LNBFs have a groove of some sort for the plate to go in. see the picture.

Attachments

• Photo0565.jpg
    Photo0565.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 213
Thanks alots beavs and to you too Babadem for the clarifications. I got all the information here that I had been exactly looking for. Cheers! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)