My crazy pansat 9200HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i just rescanned the entire sky and backed up my channels on the usb drive. i am ready for the next crash lol....if i don't blind scan very much i have no issues.

Will the S2 Plus Tuner work (scan) with older firmware?

From what Pansat has indicated, the S2 Plus board must be used with the latest firmware version "1226"

I have the latest firmware 0609 release and s2 board, but am afraid the pansat is not too concerned about the fix or it would have done something by now. If they don't get on the ball when the az box does incorporate a blind scan in their box Pansat may be on its way out the door.

version "0609"? is that the date or what? verify that you have the "1226" version, check the System Information in the menu. Supposedly the v1226 has fixes for the PVR functions also, don't quote me on the PVR fix, I have yet to verify/test it. The earlier versions were not coded to work with the S2 Plus blind scan function.

i just rescanned the entire sky and backed up my channels on the usb drive. i am ready for the next crash lol....if i don't blind scan very much i have no issues.

Good idea! I plan on doing a backup as well before something happens but I'm still in the process of configuration, I just hope I complete the mission safely :confused:

From what Pansat has indicated, the S2 Plus board must be used with the latest firmware version "1226"

version "0609"? is that the date or what? verify that you have the "1226" version, check the System Information in the menu. Supposedly the v1226 has fixes for the PVR functions also, don't quote me on the PVR fix, I have yet to verify/test it. The earlier versions were not coded to work with the S2 Plus blind scan function.

The 1226 software, the latest was released June 09...So that's the deal there..
I have found the 9200 to be a POS , period... I am currently using it for frying eggs on for breakfast, as it runs so hot, it's hardly good for anything else..
Everything about the 9200 is a problem in one way or another..I have made the switch to the AZBOX and can't imagine I spent time with the 9200.. It's like being reincarnated into a world where "things go right" for a change...Azbox has issues, mine is new, and I'm just getting into it, but it's 50 times the box that the 9200 is in all aspects...period... Amen...HB

The 1226 software, the latest was released June 09...So that's the deal there..
I have found the 9200 to be a POS , period... I am currently using it for frying eggs on for breakfast, as it runs so hot, it's hardly good for anything else..
Everything about the 9200 is a problem in one way or another..I have made the switch to the AZBOX and can't imagine I spent time with the 9200.. It's like being reincarnated into a world where "things go right" for a change...Azbox has issues, mine is new, and I'm just getting into it, but it's 50 times the box that the 9200 is in all aspects...period... Amen...HB

Achebee, how can you not burn your eggs using the 9200HD? I like mine over easy! :D

Az for the AZBOX, using a Linux OS it seems to me that the Linux guru's may have the ability to rewrite the code for improvements if needed, at least there's the possibility IMO.

Everything about the 9200 is a problem in one way or another..I have made the switch to the AZBOX and can't imagine I spent time with the 9200..

I'll take it! I'll take it! send it to me and the "POS" can be out your door. :eek: Give it to me for free and I'll pay the postage..;)

i didn't search but does the az box blind scan s2? my pansat is not a total piece of crap but it has issues...no more than my old fortec ultra or pansat 2700 had.

I really should do more reading, So apparently the az box can blind scan. From what I have read there are still some kinks but they are working on those. Opening the door... :D

Me too, It appears to be the box that we have all been waiting for. I am gonna wait a bit and let it all shake out and see the reviews.

My solution to reducing the Pansat 9200 HD freezes is to remount the heat sinks on the MPEG II and MPEG 4 decoder chips. They are currently attached with a big gob of glue which is effectively an insulator. I had tried the fan on top first and it had little effect. I have a small web site with pictures of the glue on the chips and the approach used here.

My solution to reducing the Pansat 9200 HD freezes is to remount the heat sinks on the MPEG II and MPEG 4 decoder chips. They are currently attached with a big gob of glue which is effectively an insulator. I had tried the fan on top first and it had little effect. I have a small web site with pictures of the glue on the chips and the approach used here.

Hey Grimgnaw that looks like a doable concept, it gives me ideas but I would like to know what method you used to pry the heatsinks off of the chips and did they come off easily?

Thanks

The link to a small web site is included above as the word "here" which mentions this. I will post it again below:

website

They pop off when you place an Exacto square blade in the crack between the heat sink and the chip and tap it with a small tack hammer. You should first remove the board so the direction of the force is along the plane of the surface of the chip (the bottom of the heat sink). The glue is very brittle and it pops off in a snap. I would not pry as the chip could be cracked. Try the smaller (MPEG 4) chip first as it is easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)