my dish dosen't have an offset adjuster!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

encryptical

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
i have a 8 foot prime focus dish with a linear mount but the mount doesn't have a offset adjuster and i can't get it set right for dvb....can someone help me...id really hate to have to find another mount?!!!!?!!

encryptical said:
i have a 8 foot prime focus dish with a linear mount but the mount doesn't have a offset adjuster and i can't get it set right for dvb....can someone help me...id really hate to have to find another mount?!!!!?!!

I kind of sort of know what a polar mount is , but please forgive my ignorance , but what is a linear mount ?

Wyr

its a type of polar mount

linear mount is a mount that uses a linear actuator arm to move the dish about 80 to 100 degrees. It doesnt do a whole 360 like horizon to horizon does(i want one of those though)

In other words we can assume you have a polar mount that is driven by a linear actuator which is pretty standard. The problem then is there is no offset adjustment on your dish mount and that gets a bit tough since the only options you have to track properly would be to build something between the mount and dish that will give you the offset or to offset the feedhorn a few inches north (assuming you are in NA) to compensate. I had one of the early 10 footers that was built that way and I ended up just using it as a fixed dish by replacing the actuator with a chunk of pipe and then picking up another 10 footer locally for free. However it was possible to track about six birds around the top of my arc without the offset simply by adjusting the polar shaft to compensate.

SD

encryptical said:
the mount doesn't have a offset adjuster

If you are wanting to adjust elevation & declination to track the Clarke Belt, you may want to check your mount to see if it has holes for adjusting. On an early Ajak mount of mine, there are a series of holes on the north side of the mount to adjust elevation and three vertical holes on the south side of the mount to adjust declination. Based on your latitude, you would use the holes which would come closest to the declination & elevation to allow you to track the Clarke belt. Not very accurate for KU or digital, but in the early days of C band analog it would work.

If you are wanting an adjuster for inclined orbit sats, then would suggest modifying your mount to use a second actuator connected to a double pole rocker switch.

Some good resources you might look into:

Declination Angle Chart at geo-orbit
www.archive.org has a library of old web sites & pages where I found information on my dishes & mounts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts