My Dish Network package and a question about the Colorado Rockies!!

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
I'm currently subscribing to the America's Top 200 package. I have subscribed to this for a year now and always pay the annual membership which is due each December. The only reason I subscribe to this package (rather than the America's Top 100 -- which I was a subscriber of for three years) was because my roommate at the time (that was splitting payments on my house) wanted to watch the Young and the Restless on SOAPNet. We spilt the yearly fee on that count -- although I really can't see why she didn't simply record it on CBS and then watch it that night or something... In any event, she has now moved back to Toronto as we both graduated last December and one of her parents unexpectedly got sick -- forcing her to move home early. Had she stuck around, I would have tried to talk her back down to the Top 100 as almost everything both of us watched was there anyways (with the exception of Y & R) and I just always sort of thought they'd move SOAPNet into the Top 100 anyways (which doesn't matter to me either way) -- in which event she wouldn't have cared about the Top 200.

Thanks to another member (Tony) bringing up the Encore Movie Package -- I now no longer feel the need for American Movie Classics and have been hooked on the channels that the Encore Movie Pack provides. I'm thinking about going back to the America's Top 100 package, keeping all of my Atlanta locals, and keeping my Encore Movie Package.

I'm also considering adding KTLA because I honestly miss the "Los Angeles" atmosphere on my television. I know KTLA is far different than the Los Angeles distant locals that I had for so long (that I should have never had in the first place) but I always enjoyed watching the news from that area for some reason.

Another couple of questions, though: Does the KWGN network that is based out of Colorado cover any of the Colorado Rockies games? I can recall, in the past (several years ago) noticing that it did but in recent observations of the program guide, I haven't noticed anything recently. Just wondering...

And, on average, how many baseball games do WPIX and WWOR cover? Regardless, I'm going to go back to AT100 with my Atlanta locals, Encore Movie Pack, and KTLA. But I'm looking for another baseball option other than the Braves -- even if it is limited.

Cade

KWGN does not broadcast Rockies games anymore. They are all on FOX RM now. My question is when are they going to broadcast more games over FOXRM HD??

Jeff

Dang!! We had both went to a Rockies game out at Coors Field in 2002... It was a beautiful place to watch baseball and, in her opinion, was the best around. Since she was from Toronto, she had been to the Skydome (not the Rogers Centre) and had made stops at several other stadiums. I have only been to two (Turner Field and Coors Field) but would prefer Coors Field anyday.

Before I was familiar with blackout rules and things, I had once ordered the Sports Package thinking it would allow me to watch all of the games from around the league -- boy, was I wrong!!

Cade

"I'm also considering adding KTLA because I honestly miss the "Los Angeles" atmosphere on my television. I know KTLA is far different than the Los Angeles distant locals that I had for so long (that I should have never had in the first place) but I always enjoyed watching the news from that area for some reason."

Just yesterday KCBS 2 aired its first news broadcast from their brand new multi-million dollar HD facility in North Hollywood, sister station (both owned by CBS) KCAL 9 also shares the facilities. With over 148 monitors in the control room and everything state of the art, it is the most technologically advanced local news facility in the world. The new set is an upgrade as well. Can you imagine KCBS 2's sensational and alarmist newscasts now in HD? I can hardly wait for Laura Diaz's apocalyptic tones when using the word, "terror" and Paul Magers booming, "and it was all--CAUGHT ON TAPE!" It is mom's favorite channel for news for precisely those reasons. Yes, LA local news is, ironically, quite entertaining and far more dramatic and compelling than any of the fictional drama shows. Sometimes that is what makes it the worst example of local news in the country, but I admit to being compelled to it, as well. I send recordings of some of the LA local news to relatives out of state because it is so often a "hoot" as you can't help but laugh at it sometimes, and the relatives LOVE IT! Sorry you'll be missing all the live coverage of every high-speed pursuit within a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles. Enjoy KTLA's technical goof-fest "The KTLA Morning Show" and their formerly sleepy, but now forced to add octane by the competition "News at 10 broadcasts."

Go ahead and get KTLA. It will satisfy your hunger to a fair degree. You'll still get decent live coverage of massive brush fires threatening homes and impending mudslides ready to whisk away people and property and, of course, all the crime news along with the politicians beating their drums and chests at every press conference: Cirque du LA :)

Last edited:
WPIX has 25 Mets games and WWOR has 21 Yankees games
The other 3 do not have baseball (KWGN, KTLA, WSBK)

KTLA has the Clippers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)