My DVRs are acting weird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
My 612 and 622 have been very sluggish responding to the remote since yesterday. I had to reboot (press and hold the power in) on the 612 last nite twice to get it to respond to the remote. My 612 is VERY slow to react. Pressing select did not get it out of standby, the power button on the remote did and then it did not respond to anything on the remote for a minute or two. Anyone else?

I seem to be experiencing the same thing on my 622 along with local HD channels going out an abnormal amount.

I use rechargeable batteries and it results in remote delays right before battery failure. But, when managing DVR schedules, there is a huge delay changing status from Skip to Restore.

Batteries are changed. Its really weird. You push any button and nothing but about a minute later they start to work. Strange.

Problem solved. Its line of sight. Silly me, I thought since I have antennas sticking out the back that these 2 are uhf but they are IR. We had moved the TV and put the DVR below it instead of on top of the big RPCRT and the other has some DVDs stacked in front of it.

I use rechargeable batteries and it results in remote delays right before battery failure. But, when managing DVR schedules, there is a huge delay changing status from Skip to Restore.
Remember that Skip to Restore or vv requires testing for conflicts and repeats on your whole timer set for 8 days. I know it's slow, I have 2 722s with 90 to 96 timers, mostly Dish Pass, on each--they operate independently. I have a lot of movies I want to record and re-record for archiving when HBO, SHO, and especially HDNet Movies go to MPEG-4, sometime. Now the new Fall shows are adding more of a burden.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts