My Home Install

Single mode DVR receivers, I'd assume. That would be 8 TV's. No idea where that extra comes in though.

Also, Dish allows you as many receivers as you want, but you have to buy everything over the 4th tuner (not lease).

Ok here is how it breaks down...

1) 622 Main Living room (Not shared)
2) 942 Office TV (Not Shared)
3) 625 Bedroom 2 (Shared with Bathroom)
4) 625 Bedroom 3 (Not Shared)

Master Bedroom

5) Bell ExpressVU 9100 (Not Shared)
6) 942 (Not Shared)
7) 622 (Shared with Master Bath)
8) 301 (Dedicated for Tivo)
9) 301 (Dedicated for Replay TV)

Other than that, I'll be adding another 722 when I complete the media room in the basement.

As far as the accounts are setup, there are 2 DISH accounts. The second account is modulated on the first account so all I pay is the $5 access fee for the other 2 receivers.

As far as eithernet ports, this is very simple, see picture...

http://www.dishretailer.com/house/103CANON/IMG_0346.JPG

There are 2 eithernet ports at each plate, a blue one and an orange one. The blue ones are on the Top Gigabyte switch and the orange ones are on the bottom gigabyte switch.

There are about 33 blue outlets and 33 orange outlets in the house. I used (2) 48 port switches because I still got to wire the basement which will probably add several more jacks.

The reason why there is 33 drops for each color is because I got eithernet wired on every fricken wall in my house. It works out great because I can hook up whatever I want without messing with a wireless network!

I even got eithernet wired to the bathrooms, so I can be taking a dump and surfing the internet on my laptop!

looks awesome claude i got ya beat for coax coming into house though:)

i just put a wrt54gs on each floor of house so no matter where i am i get a good wifi sig

I would change out every one of those f-81 barrels for hi-frequency barrels. Those don't look like 2.3ghz barrels. Also that power strip don't look like it can stop an energized mouse fart.

I would change out every one of those f-81 barrels for hi-frequency barrels. Those don't look like 2.3ghz barrels. Also that power strip don't look like it can stop an energized mouse fart.

They are darn near impossible to change out with the plastic keystone insert. What im planning on doing is getting a piece of aluminum cut to size, painting it black and then drilling like 96 holes and installing 3 GHZ barrols with a nut on the back side to hold it in place.

The coax patch panel is not working as I origionally planned, as you can see I needed to add a little screw on each one to keep the weight of the coax from pulling it out.

The power strip will be changed to a panamax and a battery UPS as soon as I finish.

Wow! What a setup. Too much for me though. 802.11g works fine for internet in my house, so I think I'll hold out for wireless video over IP.

They are darn near impossible to change out with the plastic keystone insert.

You can get replacement keystone jacks for every conceivable connector at many places.
I get mine at 9th Tee. My house has keystone jacks everywhere for cat5 and coax. The coax barrel connector keystone jacks are $2.50 each. That's cheaper than the local supplier.

In addition if you're out of coax I recommend the coax-to-cat5 baluns. I foolishly only ran one coax to most of these drops but I did run two cat5e drops so I'm okay for home-run fed video.

Good lord.

I hope you have a big family. 96 ethernet ports?! WTF do you need that much capacity for?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts