GEOSATpro My impression of the MicroHD

At 11pm 1 timer is ending and a 2nd timer is starting. A 3rd timer event cannot be executed or in progress at 11pm. Offset start / stop timer settings by one minute to allow a second timer to record through.

Hmmm... Ok, this kinda blows my mind here. Lemme sit and meditate on this a bit and see if I can convince my brain to process this.

Ok, I think I have it now. I can't say that I understand why this is this way but I figured out what you were telling me to try.
I changed the 10:29 recording to 33 minutes instead of 32 minutes. After I made that change it accepted it without error.
I suppose the proof will be in the pudding tomorrow night. :D

I hope this works. If this does, this will be megacool. :D

However, I am not too confident about that ancient old disc. I don't know if it can keep up or not.
But being that both recordings are really low resolution and highly compressed they might be able to squeak by.

photo8.JPG

Thanks again! You guys are the best! :)

Your timers are wrong. #2 is set to AM not PM.

To make this work, set #2 to end at 30 minutes or start #4 at 11:01 or end #3 at 1:59 minutes.

Just remember that only 2 event timers may be running at the same time. Separate the start / stop times by at least one minute when recording two channels simultaneously from the same transponder.

Last edited:
Your timers are wrong. #2 is set to AM not PM.

To make this work, set #2 to end at 30 minutes or start #4 at 11:01 or end #3 at 1:59 minutes.

Just remember that only 2 event timers may be running at the same time. Separate the start / stop times by at least one minute when recording two channels simultaneously from the same transponder.

Oh thank you for spotting the AM/PM error! They all need to be PM.

As for timers 3 & 4, they are on the same channel, I was trying to keep the two shows separate in case I want to keep one and dump the other and so the file wouldn't be so huge, I figured two 2gig files are easier than one 4 gig file.

I assumed that since the two shows are back to back on the same channel it would be ok to have one stop at 11pm and the following show start at 11pm. I do that on my HTPC all the time but it lets me define that start/stop hour:minute:second
so on it I would set it for record from 21:00:00 to 22:59:59 then the following show would record from 23:00:00 to 00:59:59.

Apparently you can't get detailed down to the second on this thing so I set it up "sloppy" because I can't sync the clock precisely. On my HTPC it syncs the time from the internet NTP servers every 12 hours. I'm OCD about my clocks being accurate, that way my recordings are always just right and when I have to be somewhere I can be precisely late as h*ll... :eek:

Anyway, now that I see that I have to be careful about start and stop times I have a direction to guide me now as I try to figure out how to do this.
I haven't watched Wolfman Mac in well over a year, tonight I'll pay attention and see how much wiggle room they give on the end. If I recall correctly, they spend the last few minutes on foolish nonsense that I don't care about so maybe I can end the recording early. Unlike on Dish Network where the shows all run anywhere from 5 seconds to 3 minutes past the hour and half hour marks making it a DVR nightmare. But that's a different take of woe for another forum.

I do recall that Offbeat Cinema ends the movie several minutes before they end the show then spend several minutes doing dorky things that I don't care about. If Wolfman Mac does the same thing, I'm good to go and I can adjust the timer from that point forward to leave a gap. It's just going to take me some time to figure out how the shows do their thing and adapt to it from there. I'm pretty sure it will work out just fine in the end. It's just one of those learning curve things again.

:)

And thank you again, you've been very helpful and responsive. I like the way you do business. :)