My install--Murphy's Law!

David

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
I called promptly on Feb 1st for a 622 install. Earliest date was March 5th. Told CSR at the time that I needed a Dish 1000. Called back two weeks later to confirm the date. Work order did NOT have a 1000 on it. I told them to be sure to annotate it. The CSR then informed me that my NEW install date would be a week later than the original date. I insisted that I wanted to keep the original date. Had to talk to a supervisor just to get it back.
I called two days prior to get the name of the sub and phone number. I was told that it was IMPOSSIBLE to get that info. Didn't get a call the evening prior to confirm the appointment. Started to get nervous...
Waited at home from 8am to noon. At 12:15 called DISH to find out what happened. After 10 minute hold I was told they were "on the way". Still couldn't get a phone number.
Installer arrives 2 hours later. Doesn't have a 1000 on the paperwork. Doesn't have a 1000 on the truck. None in the warehouse. Reschedule for March 10th.
Despite all my best efforts, what I feared would happen-- did. Pulling hair out now.
What will the 10th bring?

Dish CSRs are stupid. Last week, I had a 625 dual tuner to 1 TV work order, I get out there, and the customer wanted 2 TVs hooked up, so I called dish to modify the work order. Then called dispatch to confirm it. The ahole added the tuner, but switched the 625 for a 322. WTF!??!?!? Today, I had a work order to add a 4th and 5th 301 for a customer. All that was listed on the WO was the 2 301s, so I had to get them to add 2 DP34s. Somebody besides me had to know those were needed.

Anyway, If I ever get to install a 622 or 222, I'll make sure to bring a 1000, wo be damned. We've had those since september, I think. We've had 222's for a couple of weeks now. Nobody else even knew what they were. I don't think anyone has installed one, heck, I haven't even installed a 411 yet. Last HD I did was a 811.

my office makes us carry one extra dish 1000 in a van at all times because 10% if work orders are build wrong. if i show up at costumers with out something, some one going to bring it to me or it was my fault and didn't get it from office i have to back and pick it up.

My 622 was installed yesterday and I actually had the installer take down my existing Dish 1000 and replace it with 2 Dish 500's. My signal on 129 was terrible with the 1000 and the installer commented that several other 1000 owners had the same issues with low signals on 129. So, he installed 2 500's and my signals are terrific now.

A downside to the install was that he didn't have any DP44's with him and I had a DP34 already in my configuration. I read on here that the DP44 was required and I even mentioned it to the dispatcher when they called to confirm the appointment. The installer didn't have one and said the dispatcher or work order didn't mention it. Well, we were able to get everything working anyway, but I am running two direct lines into the 622 instead of a single run into the splitter.

I love the 622 and the OTA tuner is much better than the one on the 811. My HD picture quality seems to be much better now (I am sure the improved signal helps) and the guide and interface are much better than the 811.

nlrobert said:
My 622 was installed yesterday and I actually had the installer take down my existing Dish 1000 and replace it with 2 Dish 500's. My signal on 129 was terrible with the 1000 and the installer commented that several other 1000 owners had the same issues with low signals on 129. So, he installed 2 500's and my signals are terrific now.

A downside to the install was that he didn't have any DP44's with him and I had a DP34 already in my configuration. I read on here that the DP44 was required and I even mentioned it to the dispatcher when they called to confirm the appointment. The installer didn't have one and said the dispatcher or work order didn't mention it. Well, we were able to get everything working anyway, but I am running two direct lines into the 622 instead of a single run into the splitter.

I love the 622 and the OTA tuner is much better than the one on the 811. My HD picture quality seems to be much better now (I am sure the improved signal helps) and the guide and interface are much better than the 811.
Where do you live that 129 signal strength is an issue? Does anyone think that HD will be moved to another location due to this issue that I see some are having?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts