My Look into the future.....

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Sorry if this has been discussed before....But as I was looking around and thinking about what has happened to Dish Network, and the New three HD packages (although the only difference is the SD channels that are included). I had a thought hit me that I didnt like, and I hope is not true, but only time will tell. I think that maybe just maybe in the future we might see HD channels according to package, like we do with SD channels now-I think we will see channels like lets just say Food Network in HD (I Know this is coming up soon, but its just an example) be on the GOld, whereas ESPNHD would be with silver and up, but FOODHD would only be with GOld and Up...Just a thought, what do you guys think, do you think that Sat. companies are working towards these kind of teirs. Lets face it, in two to three years there are going to be probably double the HD channels there are now. Just a thought

That is already starting to happen. If you have LILs in SD, you will get them in HD. If you have the Platinum HD package, you will get the HD channels associated with those movie channels, etc.

Well I think on the New HD Plans you will get the new HD Channels automaticly when they are add. Like the FoodNetwork and HGTVHD I think the only HD channels you will pay more for on the new plans are HBO,Showtime,Cinamax basically those type of channels. The rest I think they will add with the current new HD Plans like the Bronze,Sliver,Gold so on. The only diffrence on the new plans are the SD Channels one has more SD than the other.On the HD you basically get all the HD Channels besides the those I metion. This is the way I understood it the way it was to work I could be wrong.

How does this affect the Superstations package?

My current deal has them as a $3 add to my locals package. What happens after I change to Platinum?

Poke said:
Well I think on the New HD Plans you will get the new HD Channels automaticly when they are add. Like the FoodNetwork and HGTVHD I think the only HD channels you will pay more for on the new plans are HBO,Showtime,Cinamax basically those type of channels. The rest I think they will add with the current new HD Plans like the Bronze,Sliver,Gold so on. The only diffrence on the new plans are the SD Channels one has more SD than the other.On the HD you basically get all the HD Channels besides the those I metion. This is the way I understood it the way it was to work I could be wrong.

I understand, that is the way they are, this isnt happening, its just a thought, the way I see it is, in 2 or 3 years I believe we will have diff. HD packages, just like we do with the SD packages now.

BobMurdoch said:
How does this affect the Superstations package?

My current deal has them as a $3 add to my locals package. What happens after I change to Platinum?

Get Platinum without locals - Don't let them near your $8.99 locals + Supers, or you will lose the discount.

I plan on having technical support do all of my programming changes and then only after a detailed discussion on what not to change.

NightRyder

Eventually, Dish will do away with the SD packages and we will only have HD packages at the higher HD prices.

rdinkel said:
That is already starting to happen. If you have LILs in SD, you will get them in HD. If you have the Platinum HD package, you will get the HD channels associated with those movie channels, etc.

You can get the HD HBO or Showtime with any DishHD package not just platinum. If you have less than platinum, you just need to add the HBO pack or showtime pack. You could have DishHD bronze and HBO pack and get HBO-HD.

As for the overall idea of future packages/tiers, I can easily see it happening.

My point was that we are already seeing HD driven by what package we have. That is, rather than paying a fixed price for all HD, you select what content packages you want and then also receive any associated HD channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts