My Megasat receiver user's manual

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Mods. Please feel free to remove this thread if it turns into hack talk, but I wanted to share something about my manual.

I bought the Megasat because it was cheap (paid about $90.00 total on Ebay). It came pre-installed with legal factory firmware for Fortec Ultra. It can be flashed to Pansat 2500 or Fortec Ultra.

I never pay too much attention to the user manuals because the receivers are fairly easy to use. Well, I came across the manual yesterday while cleaning, and I started browsing through it. I noticed two things.

First, the picture in the manual that shows the parental control screen also has a "Second PIN" . That's where the "secret" pin is entered for hack boxes! On factory Fortec firmare, there is no "Second PIN." My receiver did not have a "second PIN." Then on the picture displaying the channel list, the manual shows several $STAR Gold $STAR and many othe $. These are all scrambled or pay channels.

It is evident that while the seller ships the boxes as legal receivers, the manual paints a much different picture. :mad:

true...some manuals do show $ channels (because in other countries there are pay services that use FTA boxes)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts