My Mini-BUD Project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Some of you may recall that I aquired a 1.2m dish from my employer a few weeks ago, and since then it has been sitting in my gameroom, not doing anything.

My sister expressed interest in watching Canadian Idol (when I told her that I can recieve CTV via Starchoice), and I discovered that ASN on Anik F1 C-band carries this.

In reading the other Mini-BUD threads, there were several reports that ASN is recieveable using a smaller dish.. since my sister owns her house, I figured I would give her my dish..

I already planted an 8 foot 2 3/8" pole in her backyard, and I mounted up the dish yesterday.. boy, if I hadnt just made that LNB fit, you would think it belonged there. The ASC421 fits like a charm (albiet with a flat scalar ring)

I havent hooked anything up yet (I have to bury a cable to the house first), but all in all it looks great!

Attachments

• DSC01948.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01949.jpg
    DSC01949.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC01950.jpg
    DSC01950.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC01951.jpg
    DSC01951.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01954.jpg
    DSC01954.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 164
Oops, forgot the image of the mount..

This stupid dish weighs a good 40lbs, no way of getting this on an H-H ;)

Attachments

• DSC01953.jpg
    DSC01953.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 189
I watching with great interest !!!

It looks good ......... I am toying with the idea of setting one up before this winter comes also. Keep us posted and good luck.

:D :D

That looks awesome or what Iceberg would say,"Sweet". What kind of a signal are you getting?

Getting a whole 0% signal, and 0% quality.. ;)

Nothings hooked up yet, all I have done this far is planted the BUD.

Next weekend is running the cable drop, and trying it out.

Should work great for the Anik F1 channels, I would love a dish that size! Looks Fantastic!

heh, I havent had a good day to do it.. last weekend, I kind of eyeballed the dish, but I didnt get the chance to hook anything up to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)