My new pole install with pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Well I finally put up my pole for the slimline install soon to be. All I have left to do is run the coax. Its a 1 7/8od sch 40 pipe with a 1 7/8id with a 2”od sleeve slipped on and welded. The pole sits in a 12” dia hole 44” deep, which took 6 ½ 80lb bags of cement. I think that should hold here steady:D I also put 2 six inch carriage bolts threw the pipe.

DSCF0626.JPG

DSCF0628.JPG

DSCF0631.JPG

DSCF0635.JPG

Looks good, Eric! You overdid it just right! ;)

A little tall eh?

I didn't even go that tall or that much concrete for my motorized 90cm dish that has a 18inch on the top of the pole too.

Little over kill on the Concrete ?

I used 1- 80 lb bag for my 16 ft pole I put in a year or two ago, it was 30-36" deep, don't remember anymore, also placed bolt in the bottom of the pole.

Jimbo

A little tall eh?

I didn't even go that tall or that much concrete for my motorized 90cm dish that has a 18inch on the top of the pole too.

Eh no. I planned it for clearance for my big head:p

Last edited:
Little over kill on the Concrete ?

I used 1- 80 lb bag for my 16 ft pole I put in a year or two ago, it was 30-36" deep, don't remember anymore, also placed bolt in the bottom of the pole.

Jimbo

Yea I know, but I over kill any project. Just my nature:haha

Well I finally put up my pole for the slimline install soon to be. All I have left to do is run the coax. Its a 1 7/8od sch 40 pipe with a 1 7/8id with a 2”od sleeve slipped on and welded. The pole sits in a 12” dia hole 44” deep, which took 6 ½ 80lb bags of cement. I think that should hold here steady:D I also put 2 six inch carriage bolts threw the pipe.

View attachment 24483

View attachment 24484

View attachment 24485

View attachment 24486

Nice job of serious overkill. You put 5 1/2 too many bags of concrete and dug that hole 28 inches too deep. Don't hit it with your riding mower. You stop dead and fly over the front.
But who are we to talk. It's your time and money...Hope the pole is plumb. Otherwise, you'll have a heck of a time peaking that dish.
Good luck.

Nice job of serious overkill. You put 5 1/2 too many bags of concrete and dug that hole 28 inches too deep. Don't hit it with your riding mower. You stop dead and fly over the front.
But who are we to talk. It's your time and money...Hope the pole is plumb. Otherwise, you'll have a heck of a time peaking that dish.
Good luck.

She's nice and plump, I mean plumb:p

Man eric, that is a good install. If you could get the D* techs to follow your craft work their then we would not have any problems with dtv installs for HD.

Thats funny because when dish installed my dish pole they used no concrete and buried the wire without any conduit. No problems yet, but I am sure I will have to redo eventually.:eek:

Well I almost completed it today but the rain moved in so I called it a day. I still have one coax run to complete. I was actually able to push all four cables and ground wire threw the conduit without a fish tape:D

DSCF0642.JPG

DSCF0643.JPG

DSCF0647.JPG

DSCF0648.JPG

DSCF0649.JPG

Thats funny because when dish installed my dish pole they used no concrete and buried the wire without any conduit. No problems yet, but I am sure I will have to redo eventually.:eek:

The conduit is not nessasary, nice, but not nessasary ... :)

The bag of concrete should be STANDARD in ANY pole mount set up.

Jimbo

Erict,
One thing you missed that you might want to consider ...

The top of the pole, it is open, the dish will sit on top of it, but not cover it.

Do your self a favor, once the dish is installed, find something to fill the hole with, that will keep water out of the pipe and it will last longer that way :)

Jimbo

Erict,
One thing you missed that you might want to consider ...

The top of the pole, it is open, the dish will sit on top of it, but not cover it.

Do your self a favor, once the dish is installed, find something to fill the hole with, that will keep water out of the pipe and it will last longer that way :)

Jimbo

Thanks for the tip Jimbo. Any idea's:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)