my new toy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
After fighting for hours with the lack of instructions that came with my new fortec 6ft dish polarmount.They have the worse instructions i have ever seen.I finally got a rough draft of what it should look like once assembled.Let me know what you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0098.JPG
    DSC_0098.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 251
Stats8 said:
Very nice! How about a photo of the polar mount side?:)
Here are some from the back

Attachments

• DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 310
cool :)

quite interesting that you have a non penatrating mount (and concrete blocks) in your living room :D

Now ya gotta move all them blocks up to the roof!! Good job on your setup.

My patience level lacks when it comes to projects that are frustrating with bad instructions. That is changed by my desire to scan the skies, so it's worth it to me. That's a nice looking dish.

Thanks for the pic's.
It looks like a solid polar mount, are you going to mount the dish on a pole, or keep the present stand?

Have you applied the string method to get the panels in exact aligment? if not, do it, otherwise it will not perform.

Stats8 said:
Thanks for the pic's.
It looks like a solid polar mount, are you going to mount the dish on a pole, or keep the present stand?
It will me mounted on the non pentrating stand on the ground but not on my roof.

wildboys said:
After fighting for hours with the lack of instructions that came with my new fortec 6ft dish polarmount.They have the worse instructions i have ever seen.I finally got a rough draft of what it should look like once assembled.Let me know what you guys think?

If I may ask where did you get the polar mount for that dish???. Been looking for something like that...

where you got the polar mount from please
wildboys said:

Thanks for the photos, Ihave 2 6.0 ft dishes up one for AMC 12 and the other on NSS 806 i have great performance on both dishes.

I think that polar mount is part of the package for that dish.
Not sure if it is sold separate?
It is the same dish sold by Sadoun, but you will have to purchase a polar mount and adapt it to the dish, there is a bit of work involved.

This is quite an amusing forum: I particularly enjoyed the one about the chainsaw! I am just buying one of these dishes myself and this is the only one i have seen with a polar mount. I plan to mount it on the 5th floor of an apartment building in Prague, the Czech Republic. Just hope I can fix it securely....

Nice looking dish.

However, I believe I'd turn the dish around where it's weight is suspended over the ballast (concrete blocks). Otherwise, you're giving the wind the mechanical advantage by allowing it to use the uprights as a lever.

Harold

Nice looking dish.

However, I believe I'd turn the dish around where it's weight is suspended over the ballast (concrete blocks). Otherwise, you're giving the wind the mechanical advantage by allowing it to use the uprights as a lever.

Harold

Excellent point :up

actual Fortec Star docs

Last week, I ran across more pictures and drawings of the mount.
Click on them to see bigger image.

Assembling any dish for the first time is a pain
Few of us build two or more at a time, though. :(

Oh, crap!
Just realized this thread is a year old ! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)