My old Dish 811 - What's it worth?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
I don't think I have any more use for my (owned) model 811, and Dish has offered to take it back and credit me the grand sum of $25.

Does the 811 have any value now on the used market? Is Dish still activating them?

Check ebay. Dish will activate them as a SD satellite receiver with OTA HD tuner capabilities only.

noremac said:
I don't think I have any more use for my (owned) model 811, and Dish has offered to take it back and credit me the grand sum of $25.

Does the 811 have any value now on the used market? Is Dish still activating them?

My 811 is packed away in my 622 box, I was wondering the same thing. Not worth selling at this point. Will probably just keep mine for a backup receiver.

I think they will still turn on HBO and Showtime on an 811. Even if they wouldn't it still works for SD and local OTA. Dish wants it back so they can redeploy it as a 851. If you have the new HD pack you can use it as a secondary reciever and get the mpeg2 channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)