My Own Olympic Channel Guide (if anyone cares)

kaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I made my own handy channel guide for the olympics to help my wife figure out which channels were showing olympic coverage and when. I figured some of you might find it useful as well. I made this for my own purposes, so the local NBC channel is for Cincinnati (which I need OTA to get HD, btw). And I know that there are other channel number locations, but the only alternative channel locations that I wanted to see was the 9000's.

FYI, I made this using Keynote '08 (from Apple's iWork '08 suite). If anyone wants to modify it for their own purposes, send me a PM with your email address and I'd be happy to send it to you (you need a Mac and Keynote '08). And no, Keynote does not export to PowerPoint (that I could find).

Attachments

• DISH Olympic Channels.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 649
From a fellow Mac user, nice! :) Thanks!!!

I will say... NBC really screwed with the vibe of the opening of the games by inserting all those commercial breaks. Yes, they payed $900M for the rights, but the opening was absolutely stunning, stellar! They stole the magic...

That's one opening... will forever be a benchmark... incredibly difficult to match, nor exceed!

Good luck, UK!

Wow! :bow

Last edited:
I would have bet my house that you used a Mac.

Gee, how could I tell... ;) ;)

PS Thanks to kaman for the Guide !

Here is the NBC Press Guide Schedule, in case anyone needs more info:

http://www.nbcumv.com/special/S__Press_DEPTS_NBCMV_Press_Kits_2008_olympics_schedule9.pdf

Thanks!

Don't forget NBC's website for video feeds and stats (Mac users, you'll have to download 'MS Silverlight®' codec; the site will prompt you when you select to play a particular video — this will happen only once - well worth the effort!)... video is very crisp, sharp, and true to detail (not the commercials, as they're poor; front bumper).

I made my own handy channel guide for the olympics to help my wife figure out which channels were showing olympic coverage and when. I figured some of you might find it useful as well. I made this for my own purposes, so the local NBC channel is for Cincinnati (which I need OTA to get HD, btw). And I know that there are other channel number locations, but the only alternative channel locations that I wanted to see was the 9000's.

FYI, I made this using Keynote '08 (from Apple's iWork '08 suite). If anyone wants to modify it for their own purposes, send me a PM with your email address and I'd be happy to send it to you (you need a Mac and Keynote '08). And no, Keynote does not export to PowerPoint (that I could find).

Thanks, yours looks much better than my idea, I wrote the channel numbers down on the back of a junk piece of mail:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)