Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hello to all my fellow FTA friends,
I have been gone for awhile, getting my property cleared and ready for my 5th wheel, so I figured I should check in. I recently bought this small piece of riverfront property (I actually was blessed with it) I started with a totally overgrown piece and after many hours of handclearing, I said "this is enough" and hired a guy with a front mounted brush hog, what a differance, lol. I got my PM 1.0 on Whitesands and then decided to go back to 123.0°W Galaxy 18 and see what is on there. I found TUFF TV, which was having a video issue (frozen), but the audio was fine, this was about 7:30 tonight. I also found a ABC feed, is this new? I am thinking I will leave this dish parked here and install my latest free dish (thanks CL) which is the DIRECWAY I picked up yesterday, with the mount as well. I am going to find 101.0°W AMC 4, for History and Biography,, is any other FTA stuff there of interest? I hope you are having a great summer,
Guy

Attachments

• DSC04910.JPG
    DSC04910.JPG
    762.1 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC04926.JPG
    DSC04926.JPG
    742.8 KB · Views: 240
That ain't no creek Anole. Some of the rivers around here look so peaceful in the summer then turn into beasts in the winter. Looking good No Doubt...have fun over there.

Yes it's a nice picture, no bud cans, walmart bags or used diapers . Water looks so cool, I want to fall right in!

I have been fairly busy, but wanted to post pictures from January of ths year. This was the worst flooding we have had in over 60 years. I am confident that my house will be well above "base flood elevation". when i build. If I have to leave for 2-3 days every so often, it is what it is. The rest of the year., I have a awesome view. I got my neighbor hooked on FTA, we moved my PS 1.0 to his property and I swept the arc from 85 to 129., parked on 101 with my CS 5000. I am going to have to get VERY creative to hit the birds from my property. Not impossible, but it will be a challenge.
No Doubt

Attachments

• DSC08988.JPG
    DSC08988.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC08968.JPG
    DSC08968.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC08962.JPG
    DSC08962.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC08948.JPG
    DSC08948.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC08938.JPG
    DSC08938.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC08939.JPG
    DSC08939.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 185
So I have my neighbor hooked on FTA. I found VS ultra that I am going to either keep or let him have. They were nice enough to let me plant my Primestar in his yard, since we had a better LOS for mosr birds east of 123, although I will be able to find them on the riverbank, but his yard was too easy.
My question is this, we will plant his own direcway dish on 101 hopefully next week, can I use 2 receivers on 1
dish? I see on the back of the CS 5000 there in a lop out connection.
Thanks,
No Doubt

You'd both be stuck on the polarity of the master receiver.
Vertical or Horizontal.
If all ya both want it H, that could work okay. - :up

Putting a dual-output LNB on and mating to the feedhorn, might be more trouble than you want.
Brother Tron would suggest a surplus bandstacked LNB off a SuperDish, a thought that sits well with me....
....but mating one to the DirecWay feedhorn will require some drilling.
(at least, mine would) - :rolleyes:

That would be fine, as it will only be for a week and parked on the History Channel. Loop out will go to the second receiver?
You'd both be stuck on the polarity of the master receiver.
Vertical or Horizontal.
If all ya both want it H, that might work okay.
Putting a dual-output LNB on and mating to the feedhorn, might be more trouble than you want.

Yes, I think so.
Believe you might want to turn off LNB power of the 2nd receiver, too.
Not something I do, so get some more opinions. - :rolleyes:

Brother Tron would suggest a surplus bandstacked LNB off a SuperDish, a thought that sits well with me....

He certainly would :D ... Just hauled a 121 Superdish home from someone's trash down the street. It was saved from certain doom. Don't worry... It was a somewhat more reasonable hour of the night (around 11 p.m.), I didn't have to dodge traffic, and I didn't have to roll it... I just slung it over my shoulder ;) ...

6 Fixed KU Dishes

I went and finally had to pay for a dish, lol. I lady on CL listed this Hughes Net for $50.00 including the modem. I expained what I wanted the dish for & she decided to keep modem, as a backup for her internet. She actually went to a larger dish, this one measure 38 across.

Attachments

• DSC05648.JPG
    DSC05648.JPG
    375.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC05647.JPG
    DSC05647.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC05649.JPG
    DSC05649.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 147
So, she kept the modem and you got the dish...
... and you paid what, then?

Beautiful mount!
But, truth is, you set 'em up once, and the beautiful mount is forgotten.

Ya might check around and see if that dish 'n hardware is worth enough to sell.
Seems a shame to trash that fine transmitter, et al.

Assuming you keep it, ya might be able to mate up a SuperDish LNB to that horn, but again, it might require a bit of drilling.
(to the feedhorn, you don't want to vibrate the LNB!)

A one meter commercial transmit-capable dish on a fantastic mount?
You can't even get a dish shipped in for that! :)
Pat yourself on the back, and be happy!
I'm sure happy for ya. - :up

Others have posted solutions for mounting a regular LNBf on the arm, if you don't want to use the existing feedhorn.
Really up to you.
Just put it to good use. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.