My receiver doesn't list AMC 9. What do I do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm going to reset my receiver to those specs; standard LNB, set LO to 10600 and verify 22Khz is on.
After that, what if I took the signal finder out to the antenna without taking the tv and receiver. The receiver power should go through the cable and run the signal finder, correct? I know I won't be able to tell WHICH bird I find (out at the tree), but at least I can be sure things are working. I could go back in the house and figure out which way to aim next.
BTW: The 200' of RG-6 was brand new out of the package and great care was taken not to stress it while we buried the it.

Taking a signal finder up the tree made me realize two things:
1. I was pretty far off in elevation (too low)
and
2. I did NOT need to install that dish 8' up a tree.
How this elevation problem came about is because I had lost track of my two signal finders during our interstate move. I didn't want to waste money buying a third one, so I thought that I could figure it out. I figured that the last place we had this rig hooked up was a lot closer to the equator, down around 36n latitude, so now at 44n I need to aim lower toward the horizon. I was dumb. Those birds are pretty high up and 44n is only about half way up to the north pole. I should have spent the 10 bucks earlier for the third signal finder. That's a fraction of what I've spent on 3 dishes, 2 receivers and a side car.
The worst part is now I still can't get anything. The more I elevate the dish, the higher the tone from the signal finder, but I ran out of room. The top edge of the dish is now hitting the trunk of the tree, so I can't elevate any higher.
Unless anybody has a better idea, I think I'll have to take the dish down and give the tree back to the squirrels. At least I can bring it closer to the house.

The GEOSATpro 1.2m has a 27. 3 degree offset, so the reflector would only be tilted back 16 degrees to aim at 44 degree elevation.

I would NEVER mount a dish on a tree. You will be regularly adjusting the dish seasonally as the tree twists and expands/contracts. You will be much happier with a post in the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts