My receiver is confused about which transponder has my locals???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BuddyBoy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
SF Bay Area
As of a few hours ago, I can no longer receive my Las Vegas local channels on my 508 receiver (I took the latest software download this weekend). The receiver tells me that it's looking for my local channel 3 at the 110 location and transponder 12. As far as I know, my locals are on a spotbeam on transponder 2. I get a strong signal on transponder 2, and no signal at all on transponder 12. If I look on Lyngsat, it says my locals are on transponder 2, and transponder 12 is for Tennessee and Missouri locals.

Dish customer service was useless. They told me I had to re-aim my antenna.

Anyone know what's going on here? It looks to me like my receiver is confused about where to find my local channel 3 (and 5 and 8 and 13 etc.).

From Tony's chart at www.echostaruser.com, it looks like they've moved from E8 to E10, and your receiver is correct to look at TP12 there :

"Las Vegas locals (9030-9037 and 9039) moved from tp 2 spot 4 at 110° E*8 to tp 12 spot 38 on E*10. (ANON)"

And yes, clearing the switch matrix might help bring in E10.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts