My Sirius is (linking)

It wont get a signal, the screen keeps saying linking. Sometime I will hear something but not for very long.

What make & model do you have? I have never seen this error message and I thought they were all supposed to be consistent across makes. Maybe someone with your exact make & model can help. My guess is a bad antenna, nicked cable or bad connection.

I have a Panasonic CQ-DF583U head unit and the sirius receiver in the back of the car is model# CR-SRT100.

I would consider contacting Panasonic on this issue. It seems to be a Panasonic problem with the "Linking" display. I have never seen that display before on other Sirius ready HU's. Sirius would have you call Panasonic anyway.

Yeah you would think they could help me but they cant. They tell me to call Sirius, I call them and they tell me to call Panasonic. I think I am just stuck since they dont make that Sirius unit anymore.

Linking = Aquiring.. My Clarion deck says the same thing when I do not have signal (under a tree or in a tunnel)... My first reaction would be to check the antenna and its cable to the reciever for obvious problems... other than that, I would replace the antenna completely.

My DXZ535 says "LINKING", where my DXZ835 says "AQUIRING" but they are one and the same..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)