My Story +Returning Dish Equipment

harperjj04

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
I have recently canceled my Dish service because of stupidity on Dish Network's part. I didn't want to do it, I still have Dish in fact.

I had Dish with an 18-month commitment that would have been over August 14, 2008 and actually ended about a week ago. A series of unfortunate events happened and I was forced to cancel my account with Dish Network.

I had my Dish service bundled with my phone company. I was moving out of their territory when I requested my Dish Mover. When that happened my account number changed because my account debundled from the associated Dish/Phone Company account. The Dish Mover I scheduled on my bundled account got cancelled when the account debundled, thus the installers missed the original installation time I was given.

The appointment was a few Sundays back between 8am-12pm. I even called and spoke with Dish the Wednesday before just to make sure my install was still scheduled. And it was.

Funny thing is I actually created a post on this forum in late May asking what I should do with my Dish Mover. We sold our house in late May and didn't move to our new house until early July, I wasn't sure what to do with my account. We had to live with my wifes parents for 5 weeks.

So, I took the advice of the board and kept the service. I actually called Dish to cancel and they offered to lower me to the Essentials package and gave me $50 worth of credit.

Now back to when the installers didn't show up. I called Dish to find out what happened and I was told what apparently happened. So I asked what they were going to do to fix it and they told me they couldn't get anyone out until Thursday. Well, that sucks for me because I was going to be out of town with my job.

I was only going to be in town until Tuesday. I was told by the Dish rep that a local retailer might be able to pick up my work order. So I called a local shop the next morning.

What a fool I am. I listened and I called the local shop. They told me on a Monday someone could come that afternoon or Tuesday at the latest. I said great, I was going out of town on Wednesday and wanted it taken care of.

So the installer shows up about 4:45 on Tuesday with no equipment, prepared to do nothing. He says he has to come back Wednesday. Something inside told me to tell him not to come back and I would reschedule with the office, but he insisted and said that he would do it right, he had installed hundreds of Dishes. I agreed, and now regret it.

3 days later he claims to have finished the job. I returned home that Friday to find that none of the HD channels worked, and that he drilled holes in my hardwood floors when I told him not to. There was also an issue of him harassing my wife that I promptly reported to his company. I told them I didn't want him coming back to my house when I wasn't there. I'm going to stop the details on that part here.

Lucky for me another installer was coming that weekend.

The Sunday when I found out my appointment was canceled I decided to see if I could beat Dish at their own game. I called the Dish Store and sought out new service under my wifes name to see if I could get a quicker install date. Shes never had Dish in her name. Turns out they were able to beat the first "quoted" install time frame, but only by 1 day. Since that would have been a Wednesday, I decided to schedule the install for that Saturday when I was back in town. The wait also allowed me to a) see how the retail installers job went and b) be there when the real Dish installers came.

The new guys came and did a great job and I was there to watch the whole process. So here is what my topic is all about. The return boxes for the Dish equipment say I need a LNBP and switch. I don't have either and was wondering if Dish is going to charge me if I don't return those??

LOL. Great story huh?

Call Dish and tell a CSR you can't reach the LNB (and switch if you had one), and you're not in any physical condition to climb up there. They'll waive that requirement almost instantly.

you might wanna forward a copy of post to dish ceo. see what they have to say. contractor carries liability insurance. You may seek for damages caused by installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)